Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paar

Editor support for Eternity Engine

Hi. I want to try to make a map for Eternity Engine and want to ask how is the support of the engine's features in Doom editors? The main ones used today are Slade3, Doom Builder X, GZDoom Builder-bugfix and maybe Eureka. What editor is the best for making EE specific map?

DBX and GZDB-BF both have configurations for EE. GZDB-BF has neat editing dialogs for the newer UDMF features, that's unfortunately not the case for EE. But in practice it isn't a problem, since you can set all the UDMF fields by hand (both DBX and GZDB-BF already have the available custom fields listed). No idea about SLADE and Eureka.

DBX has good editor support for the Portal_Define special, thanks @anotak.

( @boris I really should investigate your portal plugin for GZDBBF and add UDMF support in it...)

10 minutes ago, Gez said:

@Altazimuth, one of the EE maintainers, wrote the EE support code in SLADE 3.

That's good to hear. I really like SLADE map editor even though it's weaker than DBX and GZDB-BF in some departments. I'll try it out.

7 minutes ago, printz said:

DBX has good editor support for the Portal_Define special, thanks @anotak.

( @boris I really should investigate your portal plugin for GZDBBF and add UDMF support in it...)

May I ask what do you mean by good editor support?

22 minutes ago, Paar said:

May I ask what do you mean by good editor support?

Portal_Define is a UDMF special which uses a new, separate tag system which can be set among the new UDMF fields. Unfortunately most editors, except DBX, don't know about highlighting portal IDs when you mouse over them.