Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Milkman

Doom 1 Resources in Doom 2 Pwad

Hey there,

I've been a bit hamstrug trying to upload my WAD to Doomworld - in my WAD you make a return to Phobos to 'fix' a few things,, and to keep this section authentic I used d1gfxd2.wad to help solve the missing textures (with full credit in my txt file of course), but my WAD gets rejected for having original ID resources when I try to upload it.

Through a bit of digging around the forums I can see why this is a weird legal grey area and probably should remove these textures from my WAD - Is it unreasonable to expect players to use both IWADS as a resource when loading my WAD? Is there a solution to this I am unaware of?

WadSmoosh, possibly.

But yeah, it will always be a bit of a problem due to that.

Alternatively, you can upload it without the D1 graphics included in your PWAD, and just say "You will also need d1gfxd2.wad to play it."

Or you can use the FreeDoom equivalents.

I remade a lot of the Doom 1 textures awhile back, mainly using resources from Doom 2. I'll see if I can find them next time I'm on my main PC.

There is a problem with this PWAD in that it actually includes one patch that's also used in Doom 2. The one you're looking for is "PS20A0", the poison sign, which is of course used on Doom 2 textures like BRNPOIS. You can safely delete this patch from the WAD to make it """legal""" and this should have no effect on your textures.

So here's everything I could find: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a2k93bz3g5obtaz/d1onlyremakes.rar/file

As you can see COMPUTE1 and PLANET1 never got finished, so I'll try to get around to doing that in the next week or so.

All the .bmp files were made entirely by myself, while credits for the .pngs should go to both myself and esselfortium (except for comp02_3, comp02_5, comp02_7, and door2_3, which are entirely her work).

Technically it should be fine, considering the stuff from d1gfxd2.wad were originally in the DOOM 2 1.0 wad file, albeit unused, and later taken out (due to be unused)

Plus dodgier-law wise files have been uploaded, such as music tracks from DooM (Just look at Bury My Heart Knee Deep for example, it uses the Imp's Song)