Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNoob_Gamer

Dehacked Doom 64 v1.1

Sorry, I probably won't have time to fix your demo desync. It's annoying enough having to track down that kind of thing for my own mod.

But it looks like a nice mod and not everything is obliged to maintain vanilla sync.

Sweet, although if I may criticize, the single barrel animation looks a bit too robotic in how the weapon is raised and lowered at a uniform speed, I almost wonder if less frames are the solution here (since this is dehacked right? can't modify frame duration?)

41 minutes ago, Vorpal said:

Sweet, although if I may criticize, the single barrel animation looks a bit too robotic in how the weapon is raised and lowered at a uniform speed, I almost wonder if less frames are the solution here (since this is dehacked right? can't modify frame duration?)

Yeah, I noticed this while playing with the original BlackOps.wad. Will try to fix it once I get more free time :P

15 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Demos seem to desync with this. If you talk to @fraggle he should be able to help you with both that and Eternity compatibility.

Uh, since this my first release, and I don't actually have modding experiences, demo-compatible stuffs aren't on my priority list. Sorry and thanks for understanding :D

On 3/18/2019 at 3:59 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Yeah, I noticed this while playing with the original BlackOps.wad. Will try to fix it once I get more free time :P

Just a minor nitpick but will you be adding D64 pickup sprites? So far only tested this with Doom Retro and it works perfectly so far:)

2 hours ago, Beezle said:

Just a minor nitpick but will you be adding D64 pickup sprites? So far only tested this with Doom Retro and it works perfectly so far:)

A modified version of Doomkid's Doom 64 sprite compilation (which removed all of the weapon sprites) included sprites for monsters and pickups :P Just check the .txt file :D
Also, thanks for playing!

Small (1.0.5) update to my mod: + Fixed SSG sprites.

+ Tweaked BFG size a bit.

+ Added a minor firing sound.
Download is in the first post, now with a mirror :P

On 3/18/2019 at 3:29 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Download
Sendspace mirror
Feedback and comments are appreciated, because, well, bugs are easily encountered.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I know this isn't anything too ground-breaking, since there is a Doom 64 weapons pack for (G)ZDoom years ago. But, since no one hasn't attempted to do this yet (according to my lame-ass research), I want to give myself a shot, and I made this because I liked Smooth Doom and all I wanted is pure fun :D
Special thanks to Gifty and VGA for allowing me to make this mod a thing. More info/credits/known issues are in S64Arsenal.txt. 
In future releases of this mod, I may tweak the arsenal and the bestiary to make it more accurate to the real thing. 
For people who wants to try Doomkid's sprite compilation, click here.
Here is another, for Smooth Doom.

Have fun!

Hi, TheNoob_Gamer!

Your file is no longer available. Can you upload it again? Thanx!

10 minutes ago, KndKnd said:

Hi, TheNoob_Gamer!

Your file is no longer available. Can you upload it again? Thanx!

Wow, someone actually care for my mod :) Read the spoiler below, please.

Spoiler

Due to personal reasons, I've lost the original file. I'll get this mod back online in just a few days, along with correct Doom 64 monster behaviors, so stay tuned.

20 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Hide contents

Due to personal reasons, I've lost the original file. I'll get this mod back online in just a few days, along with correct Doom 64 monster behaviors, so stay tuned.

Okay :)

I really liked this mod when I saw it on Youtube.

Is this apart mods (weapons & monsters) or unified?

Edited by KndKnd

16 minutes ago, KndKnd said:

Okay :)

I really liked this mod when I saw it on Youtube.

Is this apart mods (weapons & monsters) or unified?

Well, I was only using the weapons, and the monsters come from the mappack (Epic 1) itself. So yeah, the weapons/monsters in that footage were seperated.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:11 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes :D

Hmm, I am wondering... were these used in Doom 64 Retribution or does that mod use other smooth weapon sprites? Just curious as I want to properly attribute my upscales to the appropriate author... 

2 hours ago, Immorpher said:

Hmm, I am wondering... were these used in Doom 64 Retribution or does that mod use other smooth weapon sprites? Just curious as I want to properly attribute my upscales to the appropriate author...

The weapon sprites in Retribution were based off D64-WMI with edits from other sources (refer to D64RTR credits). None of the resources from Retribution were taken from Smooth Doom 64 directly. I don't know which came first, D64-WMI or Smooth Doom 64.

1 hour ago, Immorpher said:

Thanks for finding and replying to this @Nevander :)

No, the weapon sprites are slightly different from what I recall (the shotgun, for example)

Version 1.1 released! 

Changelog:

+Updated download link.

+Updated mod name.

+Now also serves as a gameplay mod (S64_Arsenal_Gameplay.deh), that mimics Doom 64 weapon/enemy behaviors.

+Graphical tweaks.

Again, bugs are easily encountered in this mod. Let me know if you find some.

I really like this! Especially since this is mostly vanilla compatible. Couple things I noticed though, the pistol has no muzzle flash, and the shotguns both have muzzle flashes that seem to be offset too low on the gun. Other than that, seems to be going great so far!

Made a new showcase video :p

Also, quick update (v1.1.1) to my mod, link included in the OP.

Here's the changelog:

-Fixed fist sprite.

-Fixed some pickup sprites.

-Buffed the chainsaw in the Gameplay Dehacked file a bit.

-Fixed pistol muzzle flash.

-Fixed (?) shotgun muzzle flash.

Have fun, and don't forget to link me to the bugs!

2 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

this is great , thank's , on dosbox at least the weapons and monsters are working .  I'll stick to crispy doom to enjoy the full mod experience 

On DosBox, you can use the original MBF :p

But that is pretty much a proof of concept method, so I don't recommend anyone trying it.

2 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

On DosBox, you can use the original MBF :p

But that is pretty much a proof of concept method, so I don't recommend anyone trying it.

i forgot to mention that i use mbf 2.04 "sigil" release (a modded version that properly displays Sigil as a 5th episode) on dosbox to play doom / free doom wads , and sadly S64Arsenal.wad just won't load =/

Spoiler

D64error.png.6511fe5d3fd87b3665ef44586d1b0ffe.png

and this is how it looks without  S64Arsenal.wad 

Spoiler

1801302222_d64sinarsenal.png.82b82f72548347af870156e2a558d57a.png

items and weapons (while they are on the floor) are also replaced

1 hour ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

i forgot to mention that i use mbf 2.04 "sigil" release (a modded version that properly displays Sigil as a 5th episode) on dosbox to play doom / free doom wads , and sadly S64Arsenal.wad just won't load =/

Reveal hidden contents

D64error.png.6511fe5d3fd87b3665ef44586d1b0ffe.png

and this is how it looks without  S64Arsenal.wad 

Reveal hidden contents

1801302222_d64sinarsenal.png.82b82f72548347af870156e2a558d57a.png

items and weapons (while they are on the floor) are also replaced

Hmm..

I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.

omg i can't believe it, on D4v thread i've learned how to fix textures (i managed to make non-dos wads to work , no errors so far ) and i've got this workin on mbf , i just simply duplicate "PLSGR0" up to PLSGQ0 and now it works ! 

Spoiler

d64_fixed.png.7f2533cf1a9b5186f55ad029721b7572.png

Update2 : if you get to read my "bug report" about the pistol muzzle flash not working , ignore it , it is working now =) 

Edited by Pablo_Doom_Guy