Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeffreyHarvey

Non-linear, medieval wad

In my time searching for non-linear wads, I've never really found one that scratched my itch. So instead, I made one myself, inspired by the Soulsborne series. A grand castle surrounded by cliffs, a town, a forest, dungeons, a parish, gardens, all naturally woven into eachother, with plenty of shortcuts leading back to previous areas where new goodies await. It's one big level that took a friend of mine about an hour to finish.

I chose to only share one screenshot because I don't want to ruin too much of the suprise of exploration, which really is the heart and soul of this wad. I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to making wads, so I suggest muting the music and putting some fantasy midis in the back, Warcraft 2 and Diablo music being the most fitting ones (in my friend's opinion). You can download it here or on Moddb: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/vania-doom-2-wad

Either way, I suggest you go to the Moddb page to get all the tips on how to go about this wad. If not, then just jump ahead, Doom 2, mouselook recommended, jumping allowed but not necessary. Enjoy!

Screenshot_Doom_20190318_004403.png

Vania.rar

Edited by JeffreyHarvey