Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

New Doom Eternal Footage on Google Stadia

Can't wait to get my hands on it :D That sky looks like Mars being absorbed by Hell. And the parts of UAC base floating in space remind me of the way how Argent d'Nur had it's separate parts floating in Hell.

Still watching it, I like the missile look on the heavy cannon...actually prefer that over the assault rifles from the first game.

Edited by STILES

2 minutes ago, STILES said:

Still watching it, I like the missle look on the heavy cannon...actually prefer that over the assault rifles from the first game.

I watched it like 5 times already, lol :D

And so it ends the seven month DOOM Eternal info. drought.

I knew it. Marty said they had the "full game" ready on the Stadia and I definitely was looking forward to see it.

Edit: "Zombie Earth" sounds like a placeholder name. It also wouldn't surprise me...

Spoiler

...if that used to be DOOM 2016's Mars. It would make sense if Samuel Hayden intends to hide his monumental fuck-ups by erasing the shit out of it with the BFG10K.

Edited by IMX : More info.

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

I know this footage was posted in another thread, but based on what we've seen here, there is a lot to talk about based on just these couple of minutes worth of footage. Most notably, the Heavy Cannon maintains it's micro-missile launchers, the Rocket Launcher has another fire mode, there are now powerups that fill the 'Slayer's dashing meter while still in mid-air, we get to see the "extra life" mechanic in action, the Prowler has been confirmed as an actual enemy (as well as Possessed Security making a return), and there seems to be a new cyborg demon we haven't seen before. Also, the Doomslayer now makes actual grunts of pain when hit. Thoughts?

EDIT: During the gameplay, codex entries for the demons are given after killing them, meaning that we may have the official names for the various creatures that aren't already recognizable yet. However, these are subject to change and are not final.

Harpy-looking Imp creature: Gargoyle

(formerly Possessed Security): Soldier Shield
(formerly Possessed Soldier): Soldier Blaster
Possessed-looking zombies with cannons: Zombie Earth
Cyborg fatso on three legs: Demon (definitely a placeholder entry)

EDIT 2: Something to notice in the environment- it very much looks to be taking place just off Mars and there's a ton of green Argent Energy floating around; plus there looks to be a ton of Martian terrain on whatever's left of this destroyed base. My biggest guess is that the UAC, the demons, or the 'Slayer himself actually used the BFG 10000 to nuke the UAC base on Mars.

I'm guessing that the dash move is going to be a mandatory collectible.

Seeing as some of those jumps couldn't have been made without it.

Also what the Hell is a  Google Stadia? 

Is it only GameSpot that have footage?

I hope other sites either also give us something or id themselves shows us more footage before E3.

Going by the environment, It’s safe to assume this immediately follows the Phobos level we saw at QuakeCon (I was hoping we’d get to see the aftermath of the BFG 10k firing, but holy shit).

Looks like we won’t have any more levels on Mars from here on out!

RIP Mars

This looks fantastic i really dig it, i also like how little details such as a grunt from the slayer when you receive damage, or the plasma sound make the game feel better
Im hyped

The first kill in the video is just a normal zombie, not one of those cannon zombies.  I didnt see a codex pop up for the cannon zombies so my guess is that the player killed one before the video started.

My guess is that this is still the beginning of the game after the phobos level.  The wreckage looks a lot like the BFG10k base.

I hope we get the official gameplay video at some point.

44 minutes ago, Zemini said:

My guess is that this is still the beginning of the game after the phobos level.  The wreckage looks a lot like the BFG10k base.

Some of it probably is, but all of the red sand leads me to believe most of the ruins are parts of the Mars base that got blasted off when it got nuked from orbit.

Looks good.

Definitely more fps jumping involved. This game will make Quake Champions jealous.

I dig it and thrilled to see more monsters!

One thing that puzzles me is why the footage looks and sounds the way it does. It's recorded by a second-hand source, which is what you'd expect if it was surreptitiously recorded, except this was posted on the official Gamespot channel, so it's obvious they cleared it with id. So why was it recorded this way? Even for presentations where they don't record straight from the source feed, they have a much better camera angle, and a better camera period. I can't figure that out.

I wonder if the 'Strogg' guy at the 1:49 mark is an evolution of this (rumored) enemy that was floating around the net before Doom 2016's release/ reboot. 

vbcn%20cg%20h.jpg

Hard to tell since the video is so blurry. Wasn't sure if the one in the vid has more legs, but it did look similar from what I could see...

Also, I'm seeing more Doom64 motif's this time, with the whole "double is better!" approach to weapon design. (TWO MICRO MISSILE DEPOTS ON THE HAR!). 

Hm... Doom Slayer's got his voice back. This should make feedback a lot more notable this time. 

I like how the whole "arena spawn in" mechanic is at least slightly better hidden than it was in 2016. I notice there is still some kind of a  lock down system, but it seems like it at least tries to look like wandering enemies this time. I am all for this. 

All in all...I NEED THIS. 

(Show of hands who looked this up for DOOM ETERNAL, and completely ignored the whole Google Stavia thing?)

7 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Harpy-looking Imp creature: Gargoyle

Maybe a little homage to Heretic? Probably not =P

6 hours ago, SoggyPinecone. said:

Also what the Hell is a  Google Stadia

Google's new game cloud streaming service, similar to Microsoft's xCloud or Sony's PSNow. Doom Eternal was one of the games announced to be running on it. 

That level looks like a mixture of Resource Operations and Argent Facility, which imo are some of the best levels in 2016.

5 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

I wonder if the 'Strogg' guy at the 1:49 mark is an evolution of this (rumored) enemy that was floating around the net before Doom 2016's release/ reboot. 

vbcn%20cg%20h.jpg

Hard to tell since the video is so blurry. Wasn't sure if the one in the vid has more legs, but it did look similar from what I could see...

Also, I'm seeing more Doom64 motif's this time, with the whole "double is better!" approach to weapon design. (TWO MICRO MISSILE DEPOTS ON THE HAR!). 

Hm... Doom Slayer's got his voice back. This should make feedback a lot more notable this time. 

I like how the whole "arena spawn in" mechanic is at least slightly better hidden than it was in 2016. I notice there is still some kind of a  lock down system, but it seems like it at least tries to look like wandering enemies this time. I am all for this. 

All in all...I NEED THIS. 

(Show of hands who looked this up for DOOM ETERNAL, and completely ignored the whole Google Stavia thing?)

Yeah I noted that! Because the gameplay is so fast. I barely saw that creature mentioned above :) It may finally make it for eternal doom! 

wonder what level that is? looks like the phobos level they showed, but hellified a bit. either hell won out the first time or you're returning to it, wonder which, either of those or its just further into the level :O

Noticed that enemies are less bullet spongy when in staggered state and gameplay is less focused on glory kills, which I like. Also giant floating barrel at 0:14.

19 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

That's fan art from like 2006.

12 minutes ago, Marn said:

That's fan art from like 2006.

Yeah, I remember that image very well. For years it was like the top Google image result for 'Doom 4'. Honestly though, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw that Strogg-type enemy.