Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Switcheroom 2 (Now on IDGAMES!!!!!)

On 12/20/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jaws In Space said:

I'll Attempt it. Already got some good ideas for a techbase. Just lemme know if I can take it

Edited by nue

I don't get it,so "map04 in hell style" slot was replaced with "map29 in tech style" slot,but what will happen with actual map29 slot?

On 12/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, D1m3 said:

I don't get it,so "map04 in hell style" slot was replaced with "map29 in tech style" slot,but what will happen with actual map29 slot?

It will be a techbase as described

Edited by nue

On 3/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Map 29 as a techbase

On 3/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Maps will be ordered based on difficulty & other factors. I'll mark you down as making map 29 for the starport episode.

You have mentioned Map 29 for 2 different styles. What one is the one I should go for (Sorry just for clarification)

3 hours ago, nue said:

You have mentioned Map 29 for 2 different styles. What one is the one I should go for (Sorry just for clarification)

I guess it's the same thing: techbase and starport both refer to the first part of the game (MAP01-MAP11).

5 hours ago, nue said:

Techbase and Starport are "synominous", so a techbase map in short.

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

13 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Ok I just wanted to make sure so thank you guys.

That's right, I was thinking about this project yesterday. My map is virtually done - just need a few playtesting. 

Sorry for the long wait btw, I spend the last days working on D4V. The deadline is very generous so I think I will be able to post it sooner.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Hey guys I'm setting a hard deadline for the last 5 mappers who I am still waiting on to submit maps. If I do not have your map by April 1st then I will just end up making the map myself.

I am very sorry for making you wait. I hope that I will be able to finish my map by the deadline.

Just one of the few rooms of the new map. Just need to remaster several more rooms.

image.png

I don't have neither time nor inspiration for map18/11,

and I don’t think I can participate in the project. That what i have so far. You can do anything with it:

18.zip

On 2/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Hey guys I'm setting a hard deadline for the last 5 mappers who I am still waiting on to submit maps. If I do not have your map by April 1st then I will just end up making the map myself.

I'll get you an update on my map before then as well. I haven't been on doomworld in a while and missed your status request from a few months back, that being said, I've barely touched the map since I initially submit it.

Alright everybody this is your one month warning for submitting maps. Also as a reminder to @Big Ol Billy & @ShadesMaster I would like to see updated version of your maps based on the feedback I have given to you earlier in this thread before April as well. Earlier this month after Chainie dropped out of the project I contacted Cannonball & he has made a new map for the project to fill the empty space. So we are only waiting on 4 maps to be completed.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll prioritize updating my map as soon as the new DBP (which I'm leading) is out, which should be in the next 48 hours. Definitely will have something for you to see by mid-March at the latest. Appreciate you pushing the project towards the finish line!

On 2/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Hey guys I'm setting a hard deadline for the last 5 mappers who I am still waiting on to submit maps. If I do not have your map by April 1st then I will just end up making the map myself. @Chainie @DukeOfDoom @Noiser @nue @Pegleg

On 2/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, Jaws In Space said:

Alright everybody this is your one month warning for submitting maps. Also as a reminder to @Big Ol Billy & @ShadesMaster I would like to see updated version of your maps based on the feedback I have given to you earlier in this thread before April as well. Earlier this month after Chainie dropped out of the project I contacted Cannonball & he has made a new map for the project to fill the empty space. So we are only waiting on 4 maps to be completed.

I have to, unfortunately, withdraw from this project. Over the past couple months, I haven't been able to get traction on my map. I had an idea and started the map, but I just haven't been able to bring it to fruition. And seeing as how my speed at mapping can be compared to molasses on a winter morning, I don't see me finishing it in the next month.

I apologize for not having communicated this sooner, but I was hoping that I would be able to get to it. That not being the case, I think it is more fair to the project to withdraw and hand my map slot (Map 26 in the City style) back to you, so that it may be reassigned. to someone who can take care of it and do it justice.

Best of luck with the rest of the project.

I would love to take the spot if it’s available! I’m confident I could get you the map before the April 1st deadline. If you wish to do it yourself however, that makes total sense.

uh oh April 1st? Ive had quite the few drawbacks from making progress including school and a seizure but I will do as much as i can to get my map done

Quarantine mapping going well so far, here's a update for my take on the map so nice they named it twice, still plays MAP15: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8urm2l7i4m7vap/bob_entrepreneurial_hub_v3.1.wad?dl=1 (updated to 3.1--a few more tweaks, sorry @Jaws In Space)

old version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwuyawipm0ypi1t/bob_entrepreneurial_hub_v3.wad?dl=1

Edited by Big Ol Billy

On 3/18/2020 at 5:05 PM, Big Ol Billy said:

Quarantine mapping going well so far, here's a update for my take on the map so nice they named it twice, still plays MAP15: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8urm2l7i4m7vap/bob_entrepreneurial_hub_v3.1.wad?dl=1

Got it, thanks for the update.

How's everyone going with their maps? April 1st is approaching fast.

Alright, submitting another draft of my map. Nothing too major as far as what's changed. Moved things around in more crowded areas, gave several sections of the map a texture makeover, and added in just a few extra enemies. I changed the flats in the starting area, but left the tekgren2 walls, if that area's still too reminiscent of The Focus, I'll change it up more. Here's the link, which should be updated in my original post as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oii5gta0ehz8d3s/subjunction.wad

Okay everyone, I've finished up development of Bloody Rust 3 so now I'm going to be focusing hard on this project. I'm nearly done with The Abandoned Mines as a city map so expect that sometime this weekend. @DukeOfDoom & @Noiser this is your final deadline extension, you have until April 12th to submit your maps. @nue since you came into the project much later you can take until the end of the month.

The quarantine routine screwed me all over... but here it is, I was able to deliver it on april 1st as promised:

Name: The Trickery Domain
Slot: MAP28
Tested on Chocolate and Crispy
Map08 in hell style.

image.png.80a77d60ab61321edc0fb181bf67d896.png

A challenging non-linear map. In the same spirit of Tricks and Traps, it's focused on unconventional gimmicks, small puzzles and traps that requires some player awareness to be avoided.

Combat is also intense, but some of them can be mitigated with strategy or using the gimmicks in your favor. I made this map to be difficult on UV Pistol Start (since it's on slot 28), but most of the challenges are optional (as you can expect from Tricks and Traps) and each area will give a different weapon or goodies to make the next ones easier.

The map was tested several times taking account the different paths the player can choose.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7vkout83dfghop/MAP28.wad?dl=1

Edited by Noiser