Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomass

Playing Ultimate Doom on TSPG

What's up yall,

Doomass here! I have been having some difficulty in playing ultimate doom on TSPG - its asks for a file called "doom.wad," which I cannot locate anywhere. I have doomu, but it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help me with this? Im pretty new at playing online, so any and all help would be appreciated. I'll take you out for a beer or something. 

Thanks!

Is it possible that you have the shareware version of Ultimate Doom?  I'm not familiar with doomu so I dont know if that makes a difference.

Maybe you renamed your iwad at some point (generally a poor idea, for reasons like this). The Ultimate Doom iwad should be named simply doom.wad. Try renaming it to that. If it doesn't work, then it probably means it isn't the right iwad. In that case, tell us what the exact file size of your iwad is (in bytes, not kb) and we should be able to work out which one it is, and what patches you need to upgrade it.

21 hours ago, Grazza said:

Maybe you renamed your iwad at some point (generally a poor idea, for reasons like this). The Ultimate Doom iwad should be named simply doom.wad. Try renaming it to that. If it doesn't work, then it probably means it isn't the right iwad. In that case, tell us what the exact file size of your iwad is (in bytes, not kb) and we should be able to work out which one it is, and what patches you need to upgrade it.

Grazza, my iwad is 12,118,000 bytes (i converted it from kb). 

I think renaming the wad worked! Im going to test it out with a friend here in a little bit. 

Thank you guys so much! I love the doomworld community! 

-D

PS - check me out on YouTube.