Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

What is the best high resolution/high definition texture pack out there?

What is the best high resolution/definition texture pack for Doom? By "best", I mean the most realistic-looking. Why do I ask this? Well, I have noticed that there are way too many of these kind of texture packs for Doom, and I don't know which one to choose from. Obviously, I want the one that excels above all others, the one that has the absolute best quality, the one that will look great on my computer. (My computer isn't one of those weak computers, my computer is a big beast! I actually bought it with the minimum system requirements needed to play Doom 2016... with Doom Eternal coming out, I may have to upgrade my hardware soon!)

Why do I want to know what the greatest texture pack for Doom is? Idk, I'm bored. I've seen some high resolution/definition texture packs before on YouTube and I'm curious as to which one I should pick.

4 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

I have noticed that there are way too many of these kind of texture packs for Doom, and I don't know which one to choose from.

As far as I know there are only 3 texture packs with textures repeating the original Doom ones. UltraHD Texture Pack. Original DHTP and AltDHTP. Everything else is a copy-paste combinations. UltraHD Texture Pack is a relatively new package. Has the highest resolution and is far from complete. DHTP is the oldest. This package is more than 8 years old and it is still not completed. Has all chances become the best, if Reinchard will make all textures. But it'll take another 10 years, I guess. AltDHTP is completely finished, has all textures (including Plutonia and TNT), brightmaps and liquidpatch. But all textures have a resolution of only 4x. In any case, it is not difficult to download and compare these packages.

14 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

AltDHTP is completely finished, has all textures (including Plutonia and TNT), brightmaps and liquidpatch.

I took a look at AltDHTP screenshots online (haven't downloaded it yet). It feels weird seeing the Wolfenstein 3D textures being redone, because not every texture from Wolfenstein 3D made an appearance in Doom 2.