Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

my laptop sucks at dusk.

dusk runs at like 5 fps on my Eee PC laptop. it's like watching a slideshow! i can't even get past the menu screen! are there any options to make it run on something as low as a jelly filled donut?

Weren't you complaining about Dusk requiring a 64bit processor not long ago? They released a version compatible with 32bit processors. But I recall telling you that just because it looks retro, Unity, the engine they're using, is still rather CPU/GPU/RAM intensive. Doesn't matter how they chose to stylize the game, the engine it's running on is what will determine base-line performance.

The only suggestion I would have is lowering the resolution, turning on low spec mode, and disabling any post-processing effects. If it still struggles, there's really no secret trick to getting it to run better.

About a week ago I had to throw out a carton of coffee cream. It hadn't yet reached the expiration date, but it was pretty sour. I thought it was important for you to know this. 

my dad ALSO threw out coffee cream today. it expired when he bought it. also, does this count as sh*tposting? if so, uuuhhhh..... DUSK IS BEING INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER! there. ha ha. now you can't ban me because i contributed to the post.

6 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

oh well. i got a new laptop today anyways, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Good, hopefully you won't keep posting questions asking about how you can get games running on your laptop that can't run them.

Although I am kind of surprised that you asked this question on the same day that you got your new laptop. 

My only qualm with you is that every time I have offered honest advice, you have dismissed it, because there must be a magical secret to get games to work. And the only suggestion was to get a new computer, or stop trying to play new games on your current computer. So, now that you have a new laptop, I wish you the best of luck. And I expect that you will now stop asking for software support on an archaic device. That's going to happen, right? All the posts about "How can I get this to run?" and "This doesn't run well." should stop, right?

Edited by Jello

10 hours ago, Ajora said:

About a week ago I had to throw out a carton of coffee cream. It hadn't yet reached the expiration date, but it was pretty sour. I thought it was important for you to know this. 

Was it refrigerated? Check your fridge's cold settings.

3 hours ago, geo said:

Was it refrigerated? Check your fridge's cold settings.

Refridgerator's settings are fine. This is something that happens maybe twice a year. Sometimes coffee cream just isn't as fresh as its expiration date would tell you it is.

49 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Refridgerator's settings are fine. This is something that happens maybe twice a year. Sometimes coffee cream just isn't as fresh as its expiration date would tell you it is.

I also have this problem.

not really

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

Perhaps that's when the portal to Hell opens? Hell is a hot hot place, which can cause things to thaw.

4 hours ago, Ajora said:

I drink my coffee black to specifically avoid this situation.

2 hours ago, Chopkinsca said:

I like my coffee the way I like my people: WHITE!

(lel)

22 hours ago, Ajora said:

LOL! This guy ^

22 hours ago, Ajora said:

"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents — except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness."

4 hours ago, Chopkinsca said:

I can drink coffee black if I have to, but I find it so much better tasting with cream. No sugar, please.