Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bifurcator

Blood: The Curse Hunter is a standalone game now!

Blood: the Curse Hunter does not require doom2.wad anymore.

There is no code inherited from Doom other than GZDoom engine basic classes.

You can run this game by its own executable. So there is no need to configure shortcuts, create bath files or use launchers.

Demo version early access will be available for patrons on the first week of April at patreon.com/bifurcator.
Two weeks later Demo will be posted on moddb.com/mods/blood-the-curse-hunter

Will it be running of FreeDoom? By the way, this looks fucking great, I saw the gameplay vids and looks like you pulled off more than a GZ port of Blood. My only criticism so far is the reload time on the shotgun, but you said in the comments of one of your videos that it also does more damage so that makes sense.

This is not a port.
This is not a total conversion mod.

This is standalone game on GZDoom engine.

There are no dependencies on other resources.
GZDoom engine + Curse Hunter resource pack ch.iwad.

That`s all.

I absolutely hate the blur effect when turning fast. Also, I do hope you're not charging due to the use of copyrighted assets.

Ok , if you are not going to make the weapons fast as in the original game. Could at least make the animations smooth ?

Other than that this looks beautiful !

Looks nice. Cautiously optimistic about this, the Sawed-off shotgun reload speed still bugs me though.

Hey man all the best to you with this project, it looks cool so far. The texture mapping stuff is sweet but personally I'd turn off the motion blur if that's an option.

You do know that Night Dive Studios are working on a Blood revival right? And now that HD remakes are really hot that might pose a serious existential threat to your project.

Have you looked into the copyright expiry date on the assets now that you are going to monetize this? I doubt you can just straight up resell all these textures and sounds, someone must still own the rights to them aye? I think NDS do.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/7/18129658/blood-reboot-nightdive-atari

3 hours ago, frooben said:

Have you looked into the copyright expiry date on the assets now that you are going to monetize this? I doubt you can just straight up resell all these textures and sounds, someone must still own the rights to them aye? I think NDS do.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/7/18129658/blood-reboot-nightdive-atari

I'm pretty sure, although I admit not 100% and maybe it also depends on WHO'S copyrighted assets, its ok as long as he's not selling the game itself. The Patreon is just a way to show support to whoever is making YT vids, mods, or whatever else comes to mind. You don't pay for the finished product.

Is everyone oblivious to the fact it's Night Dive doing this, meaning they'd have obtained the license to use the assets?

22 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Is everyone oblivious to the fact it's Night Dive doing this, meaning they'd have obtained the license to use the assets?

Yea, I keep hearing people in the Quake community not understanding the same thing about Wrath using DarkPlaces engine.  Clearly if it's being made by a professional game development team, they have copyright in check.

Yeah I remember Powerslave EX was taking down because  of NightDive getting the rights to it, supposedly, however that was the entire commercial game.

17 hours ago, frooben said:

Hey man all the best to you with this project, it looks cool so far. The texture mapping stuff is sweet but personally I'd turn off the motion blur if that's an option.

Motion blur and other postprocessing are an options. They can be switched-off in menue.

Curse Hunter is not a port, not a total conversion.

It's the kind of BLOOD I've always wanted him to be.
The gzdoom engine allows me to implement the most daring ideas that I have nurtured for many years.
On gzdoom I can do it beautifully, do it alone, do it quickly.

Curse Hunter is free project. But it is quite complex and I work almost alone.
That's the reason I had to open the patreon page.
Everyone who supported me - stimulates me not to stop. There is still a lot of work.