Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blank

how do i load 2 wads at once on gzdoom

i am trying to load back to Saturn x ep 1 with gz doom but i cant figure out how to the 2 wads that need to be loaded to work. if anyone knows how to load 2 wads please tell me - blank

Easiest way is to just to select both wads you want to load together and drag them both onto GZDoom.exe. 

That can cause issues if there is conflicting contents as you can't control the load order easily.  Otherwise I'd suggest downloading a launcher (something like ZDL, but there are other options) and using that.

I'd use a frontend if you plan to do this regularly. The aforementioned ZDL or ZDoom Executor work well.

If you just drag and drop, the order you select them becomes the load order, and the last-selected file will overwrite anything that matches in the previous files before it. There's nothing wrong with dragging and dropping, but if it suddenly won't read your savegame, this is why.

(A frontend helps you avoid this via letting you keep a consistent load order.)

I find that the easiest way is to set up a batch file with the path to the game port

Drive:\Folder\gzdoom.exe -iwad DOOM2.WAD -FILE btsx_e2a.wad btsx_e2b.wad btsx_e2.deh +logfile run.txt

and doubleclick on the batch file to play BTSX.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:31 PM, Kappes Buur said:

I find that the easiest way is to set up a batch file with the path to the game port

and doubleclick on the batch file to play BTSX.

Zdl will make it so you don't have to make a batch file every time you want to run 2 wads at once. It also supports multiple source ports, and various other useful settings.

i'd sometimes rename wads that you wanna put to your other wad, load it up, and drag both of em to GZDoom.