Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukiHerz

[Single Map]Excavation Entrance

Over the course of a week or so I finally found it in myself to make another Doom map, this is the result of that random spark of imagination, it may last long enough to make 2 more maps.

Specs:

-Doom 2 (Freedom 2 will crash on Chocolate when you enter the next map, but should be playable).

-Two custom textures.

-Pistol Start friendly.

-Vanilla Compatible.

-Midi pilfered from midimelody.ru, bonus cool points if you know the song.

-Tested on Chocolate and GZDoom by a few testers.

-Difficulty is average, sometimes I get killed but my testers don't seem to have much trouble.

-Deathmatch spawns placed but I don't expect the map to be good for DM.

Google Drive Download

Screenshots attached.

DOOM08.png

DOOM09.png

Edited by YukiHerz

30 minutes ago, YukiHerz said:

-Chocolate Doom Compatible.

For sanity reasons, we don't actually like using the phrase "Chocolate Doom Compatible", instead if something is intended to run on Chocolate Doom it should be considered Vanilla Doom compatible. The idea being that there shouldn't be anything that works in chocolate doom that doesn't in vanilla, they must always be one in the same, and anything that isn't is a bug that needs reporting.

12 hours ago, Edward850 said:

For sanity reasons, we don't actually like using the phrase "Chocolate Doom Compatible", instead if something is intended to run on Chocolate Doom it should be considered Vanilla Doom compatible. The idea being that there shouldn't be anything that works in chocolate doom that doesn't in vanilla, they must always be one in the same, and anything that isn't is a bug that needs reporting.

Understood!

Video of Leodoom playing a slightly older build of the map, main difference is lack of custom music and some geometry changes to deal with vanilla quirks, everything else still applies.