Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RustyGold

Question for GZDoom builder

Hey guys I'm currently making trying to figure out how to make one of my levels end by killing the Spider mastermind similar to E3M8 DIS. Do I tag a sector a certain way or do i mess around with some scripts? Any help would be appreciated. 

Screenshot_Doom_20190329_030817.png

In SLAD3, you can use MAPINFO to define a "SpiderMastermindSpecial" . This special flag will execute once all spider masterminds in the level are dead. Once they die, you also need to set "SpecialAction_ExitLevel" so the engine knows what action to perform once you have killed all the spider masterminds.

Or alternatively, tag all of the Spider Masterminds the action flag script_execute. Then in ACS:

#include "zcommon.acs"

int SpiderMasterminds_Dead = 0;

script 1 ENTER
{
    if (SpiderMasterminds_Dead == 4)
    {
        Print (s:"You killed the last Spider Mastermind! Well done!");
        delay (35*3);
        Exit_Normal (0);
    }

else
   {
       SpiderMasterminds_Dead = SpiderMasterminds_Dead + 1;
   }
}

I'm assuming this is for your limit-removing wad, in which case the only way to do that is have the last map be E3M8, which is hard-coded to end when all pre-placed Masterminds on the map are dead.

You could also use E4M8, which uses the same conditions to lower a floor (revealing the exit in Unto the Cruel).

If this is for Deimos: The Damned Moon like I think it is, then you'll just have to make killing the Mastermind part of progression somehow, because E2M8 is hard-coded to end when all pre-placed cyberdemons on the map are dead.

The only way to change this behavior would be to use Eternity Engine or ZDoom.

Ok thank you guys so much. A little more editing and I might have Deimos out by the end of today along with an updated Phobos.