Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaska

Lost Civilization - 22-map fun and nonlinear megawad - now with download link!

On 11/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, Master O said:

Out of curiosity, have you played Avactor (https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2018/best1/)?  Your mapset has a similar feel to that.

Well, I started playing it but never finished (as I had to finish this my own project). Maybe I'll continue it someday.

Edited by Jaska

6 hours ago, Zakken said:

Absolutely gorgeous, love this.

Could you (or anybody else who has it) upload the WAD somewhere else that isn't Mediafire? That website keeps getting worse with every update, and it literally won't let me download it now.

I added another site to the first post. There has been complaints on that too but it works even there may be some security messages or something.

10 000 thread views and over 800 downloads!

Many Thanks for interest, feedback and support!

I know it's probably too late, but on my second run, I noticed some minor problems in v14:

MAP05: there is triangle sector 1288 with missing textures in the sea. Sector 528 is missing floor and ceiling textures.

MAP08: sectors 352 and 353 shouldn't be secret.

MAP10: sectors 719, 1019, 1036, 3074 etc. shouldn't be damaging.

MAP19: isn't blue armor in the last area (thing 184) supposed to be secret?

19 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

I know it's probably too late, but on my second run, I noticed some minor problems in v14:

MAP05: there is triangle sector 1288 with missing textures in the sea. Sector 528 is missing floor and ceiling textures.

MAP08: sectors 352 and 353 shouldn't be secret.

MAP10: sectors 719, 1019, 1036, 3074 etc. shouldn't be damaging.

MAP19: isn't blue armor in the last area (thing 184) supposed to be secret?

Not late. I'll wait sometime until even think to put it to idgames as there has been so many bugs..

Luckily those bugs weren't anything big. I'll update changes to joi_lstcv15.wad or to the final version.

Isn't it funny when you do there last very minor changes you propably create a bug? Like duplicate secret or something like in map08, huh. So every last changes should be playtested even how minor.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:09 AM, Austinado said:

Thanks! Doing some changes according the videos.

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I've streamed a bit of this mapset with the new GMOTA today!

I really like the flow of your maps, they are huge but they are not overwhelming, in fact they're quite easy and pleasant to navigate through! Keep up the good work!

MAP06: No linedef tagged 205, prevents one monster from teleporting in.
MAP08: Teleport destination 882 flagged for multiplayer and Hard only, Sector 2211 is an inaccessible secret sector

MAP20: Secret sectors 7879 and 7881 are inaccessible and their sector effect should be removed since the sector 12111 they are in is also secret anyways. the demons from things 2677-2683 are on impassable linedefs and won't move at all.

is there a secret exit from MAP15 to MAP31?

Edited by NuMetalManiak : just some playtesting stuff, finished MAP20

I'll sure watch that stream and get back to those problems also mentioned a bit later this week.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Batandy said:

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I've streamed a bit of this mapset with the new GMOTA today!

I really like the flow of your maps, they are huge but they are not overwhelming, in fact they're quite easy and pleasant to navigate through! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for playing. Well that was an interesting mod!

On 11/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, NuMetalManiak said:

MAP06: No linedef tagged 205, prevents one monster from teleporting in.
MAP08: Teleport destination 882 flagged for multiplayer and Hard only, Sector 2211 is an inaccessible secret sector

MAP20: Secret sectors 7879 and 7881 are inaccessible and their sector effect should be removed since the sector 12111 they are in is also secret anyways. the demons from things 2677-2683 are on impassable linedefs and won't move at all.

is there a secret exit from MAP15 to MAP31?

Can't quite get the error on map06. Which monster?

Other bugs are fixed on joi_lstcv15.wad or the idgames version.

No, I haven't ideas and/or the energy to implement the secret map. So I just put it there to who wants to check its architecture etc. with codes. I kinda want all my ideas out.

Trying to get idgames version ready .. propably next week. So any feedback is still welcome.

11 hours ago, Master O said:

@Jaska Congratulations on the Cacoward win.

Thanks a lot!

I had to edit 2nd post as being overly critical. Well, I was pretty sure I couldn't do any mapping after this so I wanted this as good as possible. I thought I had put all my creativity to this and I had only one shot so maybe being overly critic is from there. I have great respect to every other mapper there. While it is very fun to do mapping, pushing own limits constantly can kind of burn you out too. I'm somewhat exhausted from the project and find it difficult to do even "the last max gameplay run". Isn't it strange how all the last minute changes always does is bugs? Fix sky cutout and create accidentally double secret etc, heh.

When I tried UDMF-format recently it really opened my mind again. Freedom of it feels almost too much. How can I do everything what comes to my mind now? :) Well, that is only positive thing and there is lot to learn and experiment first.

What a treat for christmas, as soon as I read "tested in PrBoom+" I had to download and try it. It runs flawlessly in my 2008 state of the art potato piece of plastic. Wow... Noclipped through maps 01 until 09 and then warped to map20, very minor slowdowns but nothing that impacts gameplay. (pretty much the same as Avactor)

Thanks for going the extra mile of ensuring this as Boom compatible. For the moment you are elected as the god of optimization. Did you keep some kind of dev-diary for this? Some notes on how to do stuff on the engine? And is this the final release?

1 hour ago, DwarfCleric said:

What a treat for christmas, as soon as I read "tested in PrBoom+" I had to download and try it. It runs flawlessly in my 2008 state of the art potato piece of plastic. Wow... Noclipped through maps 01 until 09 and then warped to map20, very minor slowdowns but nothing that impacts gameplay. (pretty much the same as Avactor)

Thanks for going the extra mile of ensuring this as Boom compatible. For the moment you are elected as the god of optimization. Did you keep some kind of dev-diary for this? Some notes on how to do stuff on the engine? And is this the final release?

Thanks! I have 2012 laptop and maps have slowdowns on the biggest maps, at least on GZDoom. So I did some optimizations, tried to get these "empty voids" to block views. Some maps had wider views at first but I narrowed them down and something like that. Not final release but there will be only very minor changes, I'm trying to check all the bugs down. There is no dev-diary, but maybe I'll post screenshots from the maps at various stages, how they become what they are.

Created a Doomworld account just to say that this is, by far, one of the best WADs I've ever played, and I've played at least a few thousand (including every top 10/cacoward winner). Incredible work, I hope to see this expanded to a full 32 maps some day :D

Edit: It took me about 13 hours to beat on Ultra Violence with Brutal DOOM. I streamed the whole thing on my twitch channel, if anyone's interested :P

looks like doomworld forums links twitch weird, if you go to my channel and click on the 'videos' tab, all of my Lost Civilization VODs should be available for the next 60 days or something like that.

Edited by chunks

On 12/14/2019 at 6:02 PM, chunks said:

Created a Doomworld account just to say that this is, by far, one of the best WADs I've ever played, and I've played at least a few thousand (including every top 10/cacoward winner). Incredible work, I hope to see this expanded to a full 32 maps some day :D

Edit: It took me about 13 hours to beat on Ultra Violence with Brutal DOOM. I streamed the whole thing on my twitch channel, if anyone's interested :P

looks like doomworld forums links twitch weird, if you go to my channel and click on the 'videos' tab, all of my Lost Civilization VODs should be available for the next 60 days or something like that.

Thanks a lot! I'm not expanding this anymore. If I do something, I'll do it on UDMF-format.

Started watching your run, am I right it doesn't start at map01 but in the middle of map02?

I now uploaded this to the idgames. Also download links are updated to the same version.

[Changes 16.12: joi_lstcv15.zip]

-Some maps couldn't be maxed, fixed.

-Made few battles a bit harder, removed some imps.

-Fixed some texture misalignments

Your maps have such a natural realism to it that many of them make me want to live inside them. Are you someone that has travelled or does travel a lot around the world?

I know that something like this doesn't just fall from the sky, you must have observed and taken in the natural world around you for quite a while prior to this. In that sence I also give infinite credit to all the beautiful, magical & natural riches of our planet that have and continue to inspire, mesmerize and influence artists since ancient times for thousands of years.

shutterstock-144851311.jpg

58 minutes ago, OniriA said:

Your maps have such a natural realism to it that many of them make me want to live inside them. Are you someone that has travelled or does travel a lot around the world?

I know that something like this doesn't just fall from the sky, you must have observed and taken in the natural world around you for quite a while prior to this. In that sence I also give infinite credit to all the beautiful, magical & natural riches of our planet that have and continue to inspire, mesmerize and influence artists since ancient times for thousands of years.

Thanks! Maybe making them have been some sort of escapism while there isn't too much to complain at the place where I live. But there are obviously some reasons to that. I live in Finland in a small village - nature is everywhere. But landscape is mostly flat and forest. So I have travelled some. Mountaineus places, nice villages on valleys has had an impact on me. I also seem to stumble on sites like this :

https://themindcircle.com/stunning-italy/?fbclid=IwAR3Pzhe0jr4HADNh_Iv5jLfHcxBqVH3rRmlUrivp_Htx3zPI-TlT89l7jXA

Very nice picture what you've found or taken!

Hello! I have a problem: after finishing the level "River Valley" and after Mountain Village titlescreen i have an eternal black loading screen and than my game crashes. can you help me with that please?

2 hours ago, Эд said:

Hello! I have a problem: after finishing the level "River Valley" and after Mountain Village titlescreen i have an eternal black loading screen and than my game crashes. can you help me with that please?

Hello! I just happened to come across exactly the same problem (on newest GzDoom). I've been trying some stuff and I got it to work, but not with the same setup as before. The problem for me is Project Brutality 3.0...it doesn't work with map05. After testing map05 with Project Brutality 2.0 I noticed that the map works fine.

So I'm guessing you're also playing PB3.0. I'm afraid you'll have to skip map05 or play it on PB2.0 like I'm going to do for my Youtube playthrough.

If there's an expert on this forum then please help us. PB3.0 > PB2.0  :P

Also can anyone please tell me where the secret exit on map15 is? I really want to know since I can't find it.

Edited by METAL DANNY 420

I have no idea why map05 wouldn't work. It has to do something with that mod.

Map31 is inaccessible. Couldn't figure out what to do with it. I hadn't ideas and/or the energy to implement the secret map. So I just put it there to who wants to check its architecture etc. with codes. I kinda wanted all my ideas out.

4 hours ago, Jaska said:

I have no idea why map05 wouldn't work. It has to do something with that mod.

Map31 is inaccessible. Couldn't figure out what to do with it. I hadn't ideas and/or the energy to implement the secret map. So I just put it there to who wants to check its architecture etc. with codes. I kinda wanted all my ideas out.

Very weird about map05 then, but at least in only doesn't work with PB3.0.

Map31 inaccessible?! If the map works then I'll cheat my way in so I can include it in my playthrough since I want every map made included :) It just such a beautiful wad. My friends, brother and I thank you very much for putting in the effort to make this. Much appreciated!

p.s.: I'm about to release a Clusterfuck 4.0 Co-op playthrough of Lost Civilization on my Youtube channel ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv-fKb16iC_5bfFkoff0LmA

On 1/1/2020 at 3:08 PM, METAL DANNY 420 said:

Hello! I just happened to come across exactly the same problem (on newest GzDoom). I've been trying some stuff and I got it to work, but not with the same setup as before. The problem for me is Project Brutality 3.0...it doesn't work with map05. After testing map05 with Project Brutality 2.0 I noticed that the map works fine.

So I'm guessing you're also playing PB3.0. I'm afraid you'll have to skip map05 or play it on PB2.0 like I'm going to do for my Youtube playthrough.

Exactly right! It's PB 3.0 i played on that map. So, is have any option to skip map05, some kind of cheat or else?

I usually don't do this, but i have to. This map pack is one of the best i have ever played! It's fun! Actually really fun! I feel like i am in a map-wide fighting arena the whole time, while flowing really well and having some really awesome secrets that actually make me feel clever. It's just great. And the whole theme is great. The second map and the small villa next to a mountain are just awesome sights. That ridiculously big fourth map is the best.

Only complaint is that i'm using a mod that has a lot of verticality and there are a lot of linedefs that don't let you walk over midtextures (small walls and stuff), but i know the idea is to not jump anyways, so it's fine. I wish there was a way to do it automatically with a mod (knowing it would destroy all maps, hahah) but i digress.

Probably my favorite of the Cacowards so far. It's fantastic. Need to finish it still, but it's already the best.