Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyrez

Teleport_NewMap (map, pos) question?

Could anyone be so kind as to give me an example of how this works please? after 4 hours oh it realy p****ng me off i could realy use the help.

Ok, I'm assuming that this function in ZDoom is like the one in Hexen. If that's the case, it works like this:

Teleport_NewMap has two arguments if I remember right. The first is map number and the second is the position where you would like to start on that map. The map number is obvious. The starting position is really just another player start spot. The default position number is 0, but if you want more spots, you need to create new player starts and give them their own number by changing the first argument number (that series of five numbers). Then when you use the Teleport_NewMap function, make sure to put as the second number the same number as that new player start.

For instance, suppose you want to have two ways into map 3, a normal way and a secret way. You would need two player starts. The normal way would be 0 and the secret way would be 1. Teleport_NewMap(3, 0) would lead you to the normal start, while Teleport_NewMap(3, 1) would lead you to the secret start.

I hope I didn't forget anything. It's early in the morning and I'm not at my computer, so I had to rely on my memory, heheh.

Ok, this is for ZdooM.
In map01 i made a line and set it to Teleport_NewMap(2, 0) player crosses and checked repeatable.
in map02 the player 1 start is set to 0 also but when i test it nothing happens :/

MAPINFO is as follows...

// RE_DA build 00:55 AM 10/10/2002
map map01 "MANSION"
next map02
music "02"
sky1 SKY1 0.2
cluster 1
nointermission
map map02 "HIVE TRANSIT"
next map03
music "03"
sky1 SKY1 0.0
cluster 1
nointermission

i just can't seem to get it to work :/

From what you describe, I see no reason for this failing. I have a whole bunch of these lines set up in a map (39 of them in total) and they all go to maps between map01 and map74. I also have hubs set up with such line types with specific start spots specified (other than spot 0) and they all work too.

So, time to check the obvious (but you probably already have):

Is the line set to the correct activation type? (Ie it isn't a walk over line that you have set to be activated by the player "using" the line - or similar)

Is your start spot set to be present on all difficulty settings and not checked for multiplayer only or something like that?

Do you have the line set to the correct type of exit? - type 74

Ummm, can't think of any more obvious ones.

There's a line missing from the mapinfo, it should look like this:

// RE_DA build 00:55 AM 10/10/2002
map map01 "MANSION"
levelnum 01
next map02
music "02"
sky1 SKY1 0.2
cluster 1
nointermission
map map02 "HIVE TRANSIT"
levelnum 02
next map03
music "03"
sky1 SKY1 0.0
cluster 1
nointermission

I think the levelnum is the number you type in when using level warp. (in Hexen, the maps are map40, map41 etc. but levelnum goes from 01 to 33 or however many maps there are in Hexen)

An example can be found on the news section of the ZDoom site.

Enjay, i have double checked everything i could think of and there is no errors :/

Ultimate DooMer, as par your sugestion i changed the MAPINFO but still no go :(

This has got me very anoyed :/

OK, I sent you an example (by e-mail) shortly after I posted the above. Maybe that'll give you some clues. (So check your mail :-))

The only thing I can think of is that you are using an old ZDooM. What version do you have?

Enjay, Thanks for the wad. I am doing it the same way but to no success. however i noticed something else interesting if i set it as a switch instead of player crosses not only does it not work but all of my doors don't open eather:/

Epyo Beta 33

OK, now we're entering the Twilight Zone.

What happens if you just have the line as a regular exit type?

I can't think of any obvious reason for this. As stated, I've used this lots, and Zdoom versions prior to and including B33 were quite happy with it. I also have never had a problem such as all the doors being disabled when a single line activation type is changed.

It wouldn't be your editor doing something screwy would it? Have you tried looking at the file in an alternative editor? Also, I assume you have used the checking in your editor too? Can't really see that helping, but I can't really see why this is happening either.

If you like, you can send me the level. I'm assuming this will have a pretty big resource file, but if you just send me the level with no textures and so on, Zdoom will put ASHWALL2 everywhere as a defualt whilst I'm running it so I'll be able to see if I can get it working. Of course, if you want to keep it close to your chest, that's fine.

Thanks Enjay for all the help others to :)

i found the problem finaly :/
it was a stupid mistake

script 5 (void) {
Thing_Destroy (15);
Radius_Quake (3, 35, 3, 3, 13);
Floor_LowerToNearest (12, 255);
SetLineSpecial (0,0,0,0,0,0,0);
}

when that script ran it set all line specials to 0,0,0,0,0,0,0

allthough i will make a note of that for future use :)