Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

What shits you about online gaming?

To get the ball rolling:

Ok, My online gaming expeditions have been somewhat limited, but the vary few online games I do play regularly are always games with free for all deathmatch. (Quake 1/2/3 and UT) and I only play on servers running Deathmatch. You know why? Because there is no need chat. Why would chatting bother me I here you ask?

Shitty_Gamer#236: FUCK YOU GAY FAGGOT CHEATER!

I sure you’ve herd this line (Give or talk a few swear words) used about 1000 buy about 1000 different morons when you or somebody else starts wiping the floor with their carcass. And are you doing so because you are in fact cheating? Nope. It is simply because he/she refuses to accept that you have killed him 40 to his 3. Not only am I SICK TO DEATH of the words “gay”, “fag” and “queer” being used so often on the internet simply because people are to stupid to think of something better to say, but the fact that these shit heads NEVER LEARN. They are everywhere! What’s worse, is that if they remember you, the will bitch at you until there kicked or you leave.

Also here are some interesting articles I stumbled upon in my trolling I you play any online games, theses are a damn good read:
http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/womengamers/
http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/cheating/
Note: this applies to all games, not just doom. Hence it’s in the R&P Fourm

Morons, more morons, morons who can't type and use "leet" speak, morons who type in caps all the time, morons who spam the message system in games, morons who deliberately block doors/objectives for their teammates, morons who shoot/kill their teammates, morons who bitch about cheating when they get killed by someone with more skills than themselves, morons who bitch about people cheating, morons who cheat...and so much more.

whiners in general. Especially brainless players who think camping or tactical playing is cheating.

What shits you about online gaming?

people thinking they can udp flood me, because i apparently crashed their shitty server when i didn't.

I don't mind camping so much in deathmatch as I do in Team Fortress, but that isn't my biggest complaint. That would be idiots who seem to be colorblind and continually kill their own teammates on purpose. Just try to play border1 or huntedr with these losers.

Even worse are those that dismantle teammate's sentry guns and other things. I had a lovely defense built near the altar in invade4a, only to have someone dismantle a vital motion sensor. This allowed a single spy to just waltz right in and capture the "flag" without the sentry defense even knowing it.

However, these pale in comparison to cheaters, namely autoaimers. There is nothing, absolutely nothing lower than an autoaiming sniper. People like that should have their phone lines (or cables if they have a cable modem) ripped out of the wall, and they should be forced to watch bad infomercials or Richard Simmons (whichever is worse) for 5 straight days.

The worst thing in online gaming are cheaters / hackers. You just can't ignore them. A very close second are lame teammates... a loose term covering everything from kiddie attitude/talk to plain sabotage of their own team efforts. And of course: campers.

if camping is the best way to get a high score, tough luck, the map/game was designed that way and exploiting such a flaw without hacking/cheating shouldn't be frowned upon.

It's not really that I mind DMing or whatever on a 56k, it's the terrible lag. Man, do I hate lag.

Bahahaha. Now I'm thinking of all the bandwagoners who will buy UT2003, expecting a blast of a time, and then the stunned look that must be on their face when they remember that THIS is what online gaming is about.

First, what really shits me about online gaming are people who can't read/type. In most games I play (Jedi Knight, Counter-Strike, Doom) my name is Acid^Rogue or just plain Rogue. ALWAYS I have people writing my name as Rouge. I was at local LAN one day with my friend, playing MoH:AA and some idiots saw my name and were like, "Ha ha ha, Rouge. Hey there, Moulin Rouge. Ha ha ha ha, fag!"
That had me pissed. I was hosting the game though and I booted them saying, "It's ROGUE, assholes!" The fact they were winning at the time made it a little sweeter.
Another spelling error I don't put up with is "fagget." It's spelled faggot, faggots.
The last thing that shits me about online gaming are some of the idiots I run into that I swear need their heads checked.
One person who immediately comes to mind is someone who goes by the alias of Discman13....

<Discman13{EHS}> no 1 in there intire life has ever dared me u wanna no why
<Discman13{EHS}> im a dangerious kid
<Discman13{EHS}> abd im very leathel
<Discman13{EHS}> you fuck my comp
<Discman13{EHS}> up
<Discman13{EHS}> and ill swear on my life
<Discman13{EHS}> ill find you and ill beat the livin shit out of you until you aee dead enough

Not only is he a complete psycho, he can't spell worth two shits. he said this to me right after I got his computer hacked, it only kept him off the net for a week though. :/ This kids does hack games, constantly, he admits it. Yet, he demands respect. No one likes him and he gets flamed for everything he says. Anything remotely negative said to him and he'll start flipping out, making death threats, he says stuff like the above every day. Lastly, he's obsessed with the wrong role models. He admires someone by the name of Cl0wn, the biggest hacker known to Jedi Knight. Discman remade the clan {EAH} (Evil Allied Hax) as a tribute to Cl0wn, sometimes the kid logs in with the name Cl0wn, I swear he must jerk off to the name Cl0wn. Uh, well that's all I got to say...

what there piss me off?

When people call me a cheater and they use jumping to get a hard-to-get weapon on the map, eg: the plasmagun on dwango5 map01.

Torn

<Discman13{EHS}> ill find you and ill beat the livin shit out of you until you aee dead enough

A threat of that kind is criminal, you know. Get him.

a)'Hackers' (the bastards who cheat their way through DM games in a vain attempt to make themselves feel superior).

b)Pings of 300ms and upwards.

c)Broadband-only servers. Elitist wankers.

I hate people who play Counter-Strike games only, yet say they could beat you in any FPS game. Most of the time you can't get the to play something besides Counter-Strike, hrmm, wonder why...

I also dislike the poor spelling and grammar of players, always makes me think it's a 12 year old kid I'm playing against.

Even though I've got broadband now, I don't do internet multiplayer because of the bastards, cheaters, campers, cocky shits and general retardedness of everyone there. In addition to the gameplay being crap of course.

SlayeR said:

The fact that I only have a 56k connection.

Ditto. And also no graphics accelorator card. Just the cheap default crap. :(

yes, the only real bitch i've ever experienced in on-line gaming is (get ready for it now,) other goddamned people. i think i've said this before but the worst has to be warcraftIII. Unless you have friends to play with it's impossible to play a game with decent human beings.

Just the fact that I don't know any real doom/doom2 players to play over zone or LAN around here, so I can't play unless I join some distant zdaemon server or something. As for other games... who cares.

Got a couple here.
1. Battle.net seems FULL of people who's vocabulary is limited to 4 letters and one syllable(sp?) words, and as someone here said, unless you have a teammate of some kind it's almost impossible to win.
2. I don;t like having only a 56k modem either, that hampers things, but cable is expensive, as is college, so make do with what ya got.
3. Cheaters. I was playing a game of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on the school network and some people from the net joined in. That's fine. We discovered someone was using god mode when someone watched me follow him through 3 land mines and not take a scratch, and empty my machine gun into his upper body 3 times while doing so, and he STILL did not die. Bastard. He was also claiming he was the best there was and so forht, cause he wasn't getting killed.
4. This one has been mentioned but I HATE IT!! Also happened In MOH:AA. Somone dying cause they suck and then scream endlessly that they are a cheater. I was wiping the floor with this one player logged in as "MAJOR_HARDON" and he instantly flooded the dialog/message portion of the screen saying I was a worhtless sniping fucking cheater, and I was using the SMG!!! , NOT THE SNIPER RIFLE.
Gets me angrier when they can't even Identify a machinegun from a rifle. >:(

b.net does suck...all you hear is "can i have soj" (or whites) "can yuo maek cowz?" diablo 2 is an outstanding game, but playing online is a joke. I've always wondered if people actualy PLAY the game...every game i enter, everyone is standing around asking for trades. I've never played CS, TFC or any HL online, so I've never dealt with those idiots. Oh, i'm not even going to get into the politics of CTF-Face...if you know what i mean

I must say though, that most doomers that play online are faily decent about everything. cept one time, i was playing on doom.ru i believe, and there were a bunch of dicks spouting off on a racist tangent...it sounded like a KKK meeting...but that's a one time occurence (i hope)