Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy-1993

Are there any good Heretic/Hexen weapon mods?

There are so many for Doom. but hardly any for Hexen. Yeah I know you can play those with Hexen, but i'd like some medieval(or sword) themed mods. I tried Demonsteele but it doesn't really fit well with Heretic/Hexen since it has guns.

Edit:I just found the mod Karnac which is Egyptian themed, but I'd still prefer a more lore friendly wad.  Speaking of, isn't there a weapons mod for Doom where you play as a knight? I've been trying to think of it's name, but so far no luck. Edit 2: I found it! I was thinking of GMOTA , but its just a little too silly for my taste.

Edited by Doomguy-1993

Uhh, Brutal Heretic/Hexen, Heretical Doom, Wrath Of Cronos (yes I know this mod is kinda complicated, but it's still count, lol). 
These are some 'mainstream' weapon mods I knew.
I've also heard somewhere that a Hexen/Heretic-compatible version for Bolognese/Droplets is available.

I believe guncaster works with both of them but it changes more then just the weapons

3 hours ago, EndHack said:

I believe guncaster works with both of them but it changes more then just the weapons

The OP said those gameplay mods must be "medieval-themed", lol.

Karnak is one of the best! And the best thing is there are 3 Karnak mods each being for a different IWAD :D (Heretic, Hexen, Deathkings)

7 hours ago, SOSU said:

Karnak is one of the best! And the best thing is there are 3 Karnak mods each being for a different IWAD :D (Heretic, Hexen, Deathkings)

sure! my k8vavoom introduces assault rifle and shotgun (and changes some ammo drops). what else do you need to kill the bastards?! (no, SSG is out of question ;-)

Yep, I played Karnak, it was pretty good. But I didnt like how it changed some of the wall textures. Though it does makes wish we had proper gzdoom port of Powerslave.