Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia 3 [boom-compatible megawad] - Mini Teaser Release

WTF is Nyx, Chaos could be considered as the one from Freedoom2 since it does feature skull boss but blueish thing I can't recall from megawads... otherwise nice recollection of all these so far.

Chaos is the boss from TVR -- he's got the same symbol on his forehead. The ones I don't recognize are Nyx and the Beholder, but I would guess one of the two is going to be the boss of Plutonia 3.

3 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

Chaos is the boss from TVR -- he's got the same symbol on his forehead. The ones I don't recognize are Nyx and the Beholder, but I would guess one of the two is going to be the boss of Plutonia 3.

Beholder is the one from Plutonia Revisited, quite memorable scene, also overkill with spawn cubes...

Even if Nyx thing is a joke this could be decent idea for new boss design.

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

I should clarify, it's not a joke and we're aiming to set a standard that's (hopefully) higher than Plutonia 2.

Can MAP11 be an Arch-vile maze that's actually kind of fun and not a total chore to play, then?

Please?

Pretty please?

Please don't make me hate the MAP11 slot?

3 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Can MAP11 be an Arch-vile maze that's actually kind of fun and not a total chore to play, then?

Please?

Pretty please?

Please don't make me hate the MAP11 slot?

I don't know if I'm on the minority here but I really enjoyed Darkwave's take on map11. I want to believe he's participating by the way, but he didn't release much as of late :-(

Edit: @elden4 As far as I know it's a jokewad of sorts, as is pl4. I guess they can get away with this, Plutonia 2 was a very contentious title back then. I managed to get the green light from one of the Casali brothers after @entryway's (I think?) demands, but even then, it didn't sit entirely well. And for good reason to be honest (it was originally a Metabolist project, and yeah...).

I'm honestly surprised that @Joshy changed his mind on numbering a Plutonia "sequel", but I'm too hyped for the actual content to muse on the ethical dilemma here. Loving dem screenies.

Edited by Kira

14 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't know if I'm on the minority here but I really enjoyed Darkwave's take on map11. I want to believe he's participating by the way, but he didn't release much as of late :-(

There's fun mazes, and then there's "Spend 45 minutes hunting for that one path that you need to get through to find the next part of where you actually go."

I can safely say that in a technical sense, it's nicely impressive, but in terms of actually wanting to play it, it was the drizzling shits.

29 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

There's fun mazes, and then there's "Spend 45 minutes hunting for that one path that you need to get through to find the next part of where you actually go."

I can safely say that in a technical sense, it's nicely impressive, but in terms of actually wanting to play it, it was the drizzling shits.

Counterpoint I thought it was awesome, easily one of my PRCP faves. I think. It's been a few years lol

11 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

Counterpoint I thought it was awesome, easily one of my PRCP faves. I think. It's been a few years lol

It's definitely a memorable level, I will readily give it that. I'm just hoping for a good Archvile maze level that isn't a chore to get through where you've got like, one exact path you have to memorize. It wasn't so bad in the original Plutonia due to the relative size of the level, but it gets multiplied by an order of magnitude when you've got limit-removing map sizes.

I did Go2It and Go4It with Brutal DooM...

Oh joy another Go2It moment! :D

Seriously I WANT TO PLAY MAP 32 SO F***ING BADLY

And Map 16 as well. The Omen WAS my fav plutonia map :3

12 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

It's definitely a memorable level, I will readily give it that. I'm just hoping for a good Archvile maze level that isn't a chore to get through where you've got like, one exact path you have to memorize. It wasn't so bad in the original Plutonia due to the relative size of the level, but it gets multiplied by an order of magnitude when you've got limit-removing map sizes.

Now you'll get Map11, but with silent teleports throughout the map that send you to a random location

Just now, Snakes said:

Now you'll get Map11, but with silent teleports throughout the map that send you to a random location

And portals.

oh thank god, NOT Vanilla. So tired of that trend (frustrated me that Revilution was set in stone to be vanilla).

Wonder if this will be done before or after I get done with Plutonia 2 and the other Plutonia one?

Also means a TNT3 has to happen.

From what I gather the announcement was a bit too early. I'm sure it's coming along nicely.

Can't wait to do a massive Plutonia marathon.

Thanks FearTheReaper and NotJabba forclarifying the 1st image bosses. From Left to Right, I'm guessing TNT, Doom 2, and Plutonia (1st)? Plz let this be a real project:)

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Can't wait to do a massive Plutonia marathon.

I'll probably do a marathon too. It has been a long time since I played plutonia and I have yet to play Plutonia 2 and Revisited.

Damn, that would be 128 (32 x 4) levels.

30 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

I'll probably do a marathon too. It has been a long time since I played plutonia and I have yet to play Plutonia 2 and Revisited.

Damn, that would be 128 (32 x 4) levels.

Of course we redo that when Final Doom the Way id Did is out!