Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichor

New characters for Heretic and Hexen

Heretic and Hexen have been around for years, decades even, but in all that time, there was one thing that has been sorely lacking.

CAPITAL LETTERS!

Yes, at long last, there can now be capital letters in the games. I have added them to both small and large fonts, and with the proper letter case usage, it looks very nice. All menus and messages should have the proper capitals (instead of just being all caps), and it should work with just about any mod out there.

QvMdEqe.png
Y7Uku2k.pngG3F3Hgs.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dgqii7t617imh8/capitals.zip?dl=0

Pretty cool but the T's look too much like C's
(Who gets that reference gets a cookie :D)

Improved some of the big font letters and resized most of them down by 1 pixel for consistency. The letters that needed the most help were A, F, and Y, though a lot of them needed to be thickened some. Also, the Ts also look a bit less like Cs now.

(same link as before)

Fraktur Ts and Cs usually look very similar indeed. Overall a great mod, although I have to admit, that the big font capital letters look a bit too thin, compared to the lower case ones. 

41 minutes ago, elend said:

Overall a great mod, although I have to admit, that the big font capital letters look a bit too thin, compared to the lower case ones. 

I noticed that, and that was one of the things I fixed.

Hmm...it looks like a few of them are still a little thin, like G, O, and maybe Q but definitely G. I'll have to fix this tomorrow though.

The menu capitals look beautiful, but I would still use lowercase for the messages. 

Ok, the G looks a lot better now, and I touched up a few more letters, and the R doesn't stick out nearly as far. I think everything looks good now.

hZ0wyxV.png