Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiaBomb

Force a specific screen size [GZDoom]

Question

I am making a weapon mod from stillframes of a video of the weapons in another game.

However, some of those frames are really small and are completely gone/invisible on the classic status bar (Screen size 10). If i move them up though, they become off in the fullscreen size (Screen size 11,12)

I'm terrible at creating sprites and I can't extend them in post or easily extend the view in the source game (but I believe it's possible with the right tools)

Would it be possible to force the screen size in my mod to be 10 (or if possible, lower)?

Edited by DiaBomb

5 answers to this question

As far as I know, something like this isn't possible, or if it is, it's at least frowned upon.

Your better solution would probably be some sort of dual PWAD solution, one for those who play with the status bar, one for those who play without.

There may be other ways to do this via scripting or something, but HUD sprite stuff is generally pretty fixed - wide-screen weapon fixes, for example, involve literally repositioning the sprite graphics.

10 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

As far as I know, something like this isn't possible, or if it is, it's at least frowned upon.

Your better solution would probably be some sort of dual PWAD solution, one for those who play with the status bar, one for those who play without.

There may be other ways to do this via scripting or something, but HUD sprite stuff is generally pretty fixed - wide-screen weapon fixes, for example, involve literally repositioning the sprite graphics.

The multi PWAD thing is not a bad idea I'll look into it later, thanks.

@Dark Pulse Sorry to bother again, is it possible to "patch" a mod?

Meaning, loading a pk3 file after the main mod. The patch then contains only the fixed textures.
I couldn't get it to work by just copying the textures from the main mod and edit them. I also tried to put them in a sprites folder as it is required for the pk3 format.

1 minute ago, DiaBomb said:

@Dark Pulse Sorry to bother again, is it possible to "patch" a mod?

Meaning, loading a pk3 file after the main mod. The patch then contains only the fixed textures.
I couldn't get it to work by just copying the textures from the main mod and edit them. I also tried to put them in a sprites folder as it required for the pk3 format.

Sure, just make sure everything is named identically, and that it's the last thing in the load order. Then it will replace the lumps in the main file. Doom always gives priority to the last thing loaded.

5 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Sure, just make sure everything is named identically, and that it's the last thing in the load order. Then it will replace the lumps in the main file. Doom always gives priority to the last thing loaded.

I'm so f***ing stupid, I forgot to save.

Well, it work now. Thanks
The mod should be ready in a couple days.