Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tor1zo

Problem with Textures

So, i stopped using GZDoom Builder 2 for a while bc of boredom, i decided to pick it up again after some time. i loaded some WADs i had on my PC and realized that the textures of Doom 2 and the textures from the WAD dont combine. (Example: the picture form below) i tried using different WADs that contain textures and nothing happened.
This is a problem because i need the skybox texture for my outdoor areas and i cnat seem to find it! 

So, if anyone understood what i just wrote and knows what the problem is PLEASE tell me.
(the image below is using the Immoral Conduct 2 WAD) (im using the latest version of GZDoom Builder 2)

gzoom.png

You have your IWAD set up in game configurations? There should be something here, unless the TEXTURE1 lump is getting overwritten. Do flats still appear? Try it without any mods.

IC2 has neither patches nor flats. It has just sprites.

Besides that, it is a mod for the EDGE engine for which there is no config file in DB2 or above.

Which skybox texture are you looking for?

11 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

IC2 has neither patches nor flats. It has just sprites.

Besides that, it is a mod for the EDGE engine for which there is no config file in DB2 or above.

Which skybox texture are you looking for?

Im looking for the F_SKY1 texture.

14 hours ago, Nevander said:

You have your IWAD set up in game configurations? There should be something here, unless the TEXTURE1 lump is getting overwritten. Do flats still appear? Try it without any mods.

The problem is that when i load a WAD that doesnt use any level textures, no textures appear (not even the default Doom 2 textures)
im using the latest GZDoom Builder 2 version and UDMF config.

F_SKY1 is not a texture, it is just a placeholder for the actual sky texture.

Which sky is displayed depends on the which IWAD is used and on which MAP/EPISODE is played.

No textures showing up means that you did not configure the editor to use DOOM2.wad as a resource. Press F6, then first select your mapping format and then under Resource the IWAD,

Wny3YYI.png

then under Testing the game port you use

w5Vn2U0.png

Just a note:

DB2 is no longer maintained and has not been for some years. 

GZDBBF is the current editor, with many bugs fixed and many editing features added. However, be aware of the system and software requirements .

Spoiler

Edited by Kappes Buur