Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

QuakeCon 2019

I'll be there!

Planning on getting a BYOC seat? Either way, there's a regular group of Doom folks who cluster together there, and it's kinda the de facto "home base" even for those who don't usually purchase seats (e.g. MTrop). Up to you, no pressure, etc.

well  if 2016 doom was promoted in a quakecon if not bad memory, this is be better :3

I wanna go!!!

wait,

it's in dallas, texas

:"c

This would be a surefire thing for me but plane tickets alone are all in the area of $1,700.

I hate living in the most isolated city in the world.

Very strong possibility. Went to QC in '08, '10, '14, and '18, haven't regretted it yet. With all the Doom stuff, I'm strongly considering it.

If I were to go to one of these conventions it would be this one. But the whole travel thing for me as well...

But I'm very keen to see what content they reveal.

I have a byoc ticket, but it's still up in the air if I'll actually make it. This would be my first byoc so not sure what people usually do for planning.  Are people here trying to select seats together?

Got a BYOC ticket just in case something good comes this year!  There's a good chance I'll be going anyway.  Maybe looking for a room mate even!

On 6/4/2019 at 11:12 PM, ReaperAA said:

I would love to see u guys meet each other and show us some pic together.

Second this. There should definitely be a Doomworld meet-up at some point there.

D-jlcsSW4AE2THB?format=png&name=medium

It appears we'll be having not just one, but three different classic Doom tourneys. Should be fun to watch! So glad we're having another notable LAN tournament since QCon 2013.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, Zakken said:

D-jlcsSW4AE2THB?format=png&name=medium

It appears we'll be having not just one, but three different classic Doom tourneys. Should be fun to watch! So glad we're having another notable LAN tournament since QCon 2013.

Practice servers up on Odamex using Qcon settings-.  Location: NYC

- QUAKECON - Duel Practice Server #1                              159.65.247.149:10668

- QUAKECON - Duel Practice Server #2                              159.65.247.149:10669

- QUAKECON - TDM Practice Server                                   159.65.247.249:10670

- QUAKECON - FFA Practice Server                                    159.65.247.249:10671

Does anybody know if the Doom tournaments will be livestreamed? If so, then where?

I’ll be there! First time at QuakeCon, should be awesome. 

Anybody else from the Slayers Club RSVP for the “exclusive” event Friday at 7? 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:39 PM, Zakken said:

Does anybody know if the Doom tournaments will be livestreamed? If so, then where?

BYOC tournies streamed here usually https://www.twitch.tv/quakecon2

edit: IIRC last year they allowed community members to guest cast matches.  Would be cool to see that in Doom :D

Edited by plsmbmp_rude

Congratulations to JKist3 and DevastatioN for taking the 2v2 TDM tourney tonight!

I think next time, they should definitely up the fraglimit and pick bigger maps than SSL2...

I almost died when I realized the event passes (I think that's what those are) have the classic Doom keycard graphic on them...

It's kind of heartwarming to see how much love and celebration there is for Doom, still to this day. So happy for the Doomworlders (and Doom fans in general) who get to be there right now attending this!

In light of the recent Nintendo Switch release of Doom, I have made a GZdoom compatible addon in celebration and to make it more in-line with the new version!

You can get it here!

Edited by sarge945

I played it on Friday morning during the press hour. It was the same demo they had at E3, basically. My D44M skills are very rusty so I wasn't feeling very badass, and I was having some very strange issue where my character kept randomly strafing or moving around or jumping (I have no idea if it was a game issue or a controls issue or phantom inputs from a connected controller or what), so it was overall a pretty blah experience for me.