Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BladeWolf

New to Doomworld!

Hey everyone! Hello! Hi! Nice to meet you all! So, yeah, I have been playing Doom since my childhood and absolutely loved it! I have played all the games and is now desperately waiting for Doom Eternal to come out! Well, I'm pretty new around here in the whole Doom Community stuff, so would you guys mind showing me around, so I could familiarise with the site, make custom levels and interact with you all? :)

Welcome! 

Show you around? scratches head Uhh... I'd give you a tour, but it might somehow be easier for you to just click on the different forums and read the various posts that interest you. To make custom levels you need to download doom builder: 

Follow this link to find tutorials on using Doom Builder: 

Have fun! And remember, making a room full of cyberdemons is a rite of passage. Don't let anyone take that away from you! 

1 minute ago, Hellbent said:

Have fun! And remember, making a room full of cyberdemons is a rite of passage. Don't let anyone take that away from you! 

Thank you so much man! It really helps!

Welcome to Ultra Progressive World, enjoy your stay.

I always wanted to make that joke, sorry, but let's be useful for once: if you want to play more Doom or get ideas for your maps, you can check the cacowards along with the 10 years of Doom in it.

If you are bent on making maps, you want to be familiar with a few sourceports at least to know what you can do and how it impacts the players. No need to be overly complicated here: familiarizing yourself with PrBoom+ and GZDoom should be good enough to start off around here. At least test your maps on these, you'll see for yourself when something is weird.

And welcome again.

3 minutes ago, Kira said:

Welcome to Ultra Progressive World, enjoy your stay.

I always wanted to make that joke, sorry, but let's be useful for once: if you want to play more Doom or get ideas for your maps, you can check the cacowards along with the 10 years of Doom in it.

If you are bent on making maps, you want to be familiar with a few sourceports at least to know what you can do and how it impacts the players. No need to be overly complicated here: familiarizing yourself with PrBoom+ and GZDoom should be good enough to start off around here. At least test your maps on these, you'll see for yourself when something is weird.

And welcome again.

Thanks, man. Even though I'd prefer playing more maps from others for a while just to try and get the concept of map making into my head, thank you for the advice. It really helps a lot!

Hello and a hearty welcome. If you prefer to just play a bit first - which is highly recommended and a lot of fun - then check out these threads:

Hello and welcome.

I don't have anything to show but I wish you well. I'm a well wisher, you see.

Edited by Chezza

Hi there! It's always nice to see new faces... um... avatars :) Whether you're here to play Doom, make maps and mods or just hang out, I hope you have a good time, and if you have a question at some point don't hesitate to ask; we have a lot of patience over here.