Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mustafa saed

projects....dead or alive?

Twice Risen is either dead or in a coma, but it doesn't look like it's
going to ever be finished. I won the 5000th (or 2500th) hit contest on
that page. :p

Unsure of the others.

on doomworld front page, right side, it says abandoned and under it is hellstorm, so umm...

IIRC Crucified Dreams is still being worked on, not sure who.

Hellstorm is dead.

Twice risen, see previous answer.

There were some guys who tried to resurrect Hellstorm once but they had trouble getting in contact with one of the old project members who had a lot of the resources.

Hiya.

Those "couple of guys" who tried to resurrect Hellstrom was myself and Mustafa. The main guy's who was/is a member of the Hellstrom team said "Knock yourself out, I can't get the assets, but if you want it...take it." A few days later, iirc, another member of the team popped in and said "It's mine, I think it has potential, so I'm sitting on it...but if *you* want to send stuff to *me*, I'll take it." ...or something to that effect.

At any rate, I am currently working with a team of people to create our own game engine and whatnot (nothing to do with DOOM), so my time is, shall we say, "limited" to work on DOOM stuff. :)

pming said:

Hiya.

Those "couple of guys" who tried to resurrect Hellstrom was myself and Mustafa. The main guy's who was/is a member of the Hellstrom team said "Knock yourself out, I can't get the assets, but if you want it...take it." A few days later, iirc, another member of the team popped in and said "It's mine, I think it has potential, so I'm sitting on it...but if *you* want to send stuff to *me*, I'll take it." ...or something to that effect.

At any rate, I am currently working with a team of people to create our own game engine and whatnot (nothing to do with DOOM), so my time is, shall we say, "limited" to work on DOOM stuff. :)

Awwww fuck! I really needed you on this new project pming! Well thanks anyway for that really good story line you e-mailed me a few months back!

Hiya Mustafa.

Don't fret quite yet. :) Like so-o many other DOOM'ers out there, once it's got you addicted, there's *no* turning back. I realise that. Matter of fact, I'm going to keep tinkering on ideas for maps and whatnot, and start/keep working on a map or three...but it will be slow going until I get some things off my plate right now.

If I'm really lucky, I'll have a few weeks/days in a "little while" as the programmer writes me a few content creation tools I'm going to need.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm off to start on a nice little "mini-design document" for a small "hub" of levels for the "viking" idea. (and maybe some gfx tweeking in Photoshop, just to spice it up a bit when I hit the Play Map button! :) ).

If you have ideas, concern's, whatever...drop a post in the eGroups I started for us/this. :) I'll post there to keep you up to date on my progress.