Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SiFi270

Is it possible to get a rocket into the Icon's brain while dropping from the elevator at its peak?

In case it needs clarifying, I'm just referring to the original map30 here. Nothing else that may have an Icon and other such components for an Icon battle.

Whenever I miss on the way up, I always think it's worth a try to fire another rocket as I jump back down. But is it really? I can't recall it working once, and I'm starting to wonder if the speed you're falling at or some other factor actually makes it literally impossible. Or at least only possible in a tool-assisted run maybe.

It's possible, but you have to time it just right, though it's not quite as hard as it seems. Try shooting it right as you run off the edge, and by the time the rocket gets launched, you should have fallen just enough for you to be even with the hole.

That's usually the only way I land a shot most of the time. I'm pretty terrible at shooting when moving up.

6 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Try shooting it right as you run off the edge, and by the time the rocket gets launched, you should have fallen just enough for you to be even with the hole.

That's how I approach it indeed.

Yes, absolutely.

In fact I do it pretty often, but it can be difficult to get the timing right sometimes.

It's possible. But I wouldn't recommend it. The amount of arachnotrons and imps blasting you will probably effect your movement/aim. But don't stop trying. You'll get it one day.