Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arbys550

Really Annoying GlBoom+ 2.5.1.4 Bug

I've been playing doom lately and i noticed this weird bug that started happening to me. At random times, in the midst of playing a level, I'd lose control of the character and the game will all of a sudden act like it's playing a demo. I will start walking all over the place and nothing I can do breaks DoomGuy out of his trance. It only lasts about 3 seconds but im afraid to record a demo now because I'm afraid of dying from it. I've been using GlBoom+ 2.5.1.4. Also it happened to me once with Zandronum 3.0 so it may be an issue with my laptop in general. Has this happened to anyone before?

Are you playing in full-screen mode? If so try windowed. 

If you have lots of programs open, especially a memory hog web browser, try closing those. 

If it's a laptop issue try 2.5.1.5 (mouse sens is set to 2.5.1.4's times two). 

On 4/4/2019 at 8:13 PM, rdwpa said:

Are you playing in full-screen mode? If so try windowed. 

If you have lots of programs open, especially a memory hog web browser, try closing those. 

If it's a laptop issue try 2.5.1.5 (mouse sens is set to 2.5.1.4's times two). 

So by that you mean it's twice as fast then the normal sens that 2.5.1.4 has? When i tried 2.5.1.5 beta (or w/e it is) the mouse sens was really slow for me, not to mention it had this really laggy feel to it, even after adjusting the sensitivity. All of the current source ports besides GZDoom feel like this to me. No idea why (might be the switch to the newer SDL?). So i'm stuck with using only a few of 'em or older versions.

Anyways, back to the topic: But i agree that playing in windowed mode might help as it sometimes helps ease up on the "memory drain" so to speak. I don't use windowed mode myself & i don't think PrBoom+ has a borderless window mode otherwise i'd use that.

Also if it's happening in other versions of source ports and you have Youtube open within a browser (obviously) then it might just be your laptop that's lagging just like rdwpa said. 

If your laptop has a dedicated GPU, switch to that when gaming. I'm just going to assume that it has an integrated (shared memory) one as most seem to do nowadays (unless it's a $1000+ laptop)

If that's a wireless mouse, the problem might be the laptop temporarily loses track of it while it searches for it to reconnect it.

7 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

So by that you mean it's twice as fast then the normal sens that 2.5.1.4 has? When i tried 2.5.1.5 beta (or w/e it is) the mouse sens was really slow for me, not to mention it had this really laggy feel to it, even after adjusting the sensitivity. All of the current source ports besides GZDoom feel like this to me. No idea why (might be the switch to the newer SDL?). So i'm stuck with using only a few of 'em or older versions

Twice as slow, meaning e.g. 10 in 2.5.1.4 is 20 in 2.5.1.5. Yes, SDL2 introduces a slightly different curve too. 

20 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Twice as slow, meaning e.g. 10 in 2.5.1.4 is 20 in 2.5.1.5. Yes, SDL2 introduces a slightly different curve too. 

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing this up for me :) No wonder it feels different.