Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

the days of old

what is your favorite ancient, human, civilization. for me it has to be the egyptian civilization fallowed by the romans. those 2 civilizations had so much technology compared to others and influnced the world perhaps more than any others. the one i dislike is the middel ages of europe and england, a very dark time for humanity. also the early victorian age had its share of odd fuckups, manily in europe

yea that counts. i often wonder what native american culture would have developed into had europeans never came here.

For some reason Midieval Europe always strikes my fancy. The problem is I don't know why :)

Little Faith said:

They are all vile and heinous, just as the evil civilisations of today.

Greetings fellow misanthropic troll!

"In days of old
When knights were bold
And paper weren't invented,
They wiped their arse
Upon the grass
And walk away contented..."

ANYWAY, the Greeks clinch it for me. It's a shame that so much of their mythology is snubbed by their own denizens in favour of christianity. But hey, that's another subject entirely.

The moore's. American History refuses to say shit about them for obviousl reasons.

Oh and of course, you KNOW i have to say Spain during the 1936 civil war (on the side of the CNT FAI, not franco of course

Ct_red_pants said:

What if you have a really short attention span? :P

It's at 600+ pages. Read it one chapter a time :P

Really, it's an amazing book. It follows a man from ancient Egypt through his entire life and around most of the world (as it was back then). There's war and death, science and culture, love and moral, you name it. If you find ancient Egypt or ancient civilizations in general interesting, do not miss this out. (I hope the English translation is as good as the Swedish translation).

Fredrik said:

There is no excuse not to.

1. I am a bad reader.

2.I fall asleep from looking at words to long.

3.I cant buy it, 13, canadian, untrusted by parents, need I say more?

1. I am a bad reader.

Reading more makes you better.

2.I fall asleep from looking at words to long.

It isn't the long words-kind of book, but anyway, great tool if you ever have problems falling asleep, don't you think? :P

3.I cant buy it, 13, canadian, untrusted by parents, need I say more?

There are Canadian book stores that have it, I'm sure.

By the way, what kind of parents wouldn't let their son buy literature? That sounds odd to me.

Fredrik said all this:

Reading more makes you better.

Only if I try.

It isn't the long words-kind of book, but anyway, great tool if you ever have problems falling asleep, don't you think? :P

ya, basically I use books to fall asleep in school, and its not big words that put me to sleep, its just the point of staring at a bunch of words on tons of pages.

There are Canadian book stores that have it, I'm sure.

probably, but that means I'd have to go out of my Room!!!!

By the way, what kind of parents wouldn't let their son buy literature? That sounds odd to me.

well, its not that they wont let me buy it, its that they wont let me leave the house with out interrogating me about Y i need the book, besides they wont believe me if I tell them that I want to buy the book so I can read it in my spare time.