Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Mechanized - My Newest Doom 64 Inspired Album

https://immorpher.bandcamp.com/album/mechanized

You may have seen me shilling Amid Evil, now Prodeus, and perhaps I will shill Wrath too. But I just released my latest Doom 64 / Quake 1 inspired dark ambient album. I know a few people here like listening to my music while mapping which makes me happy. WADs are more friendly towards midi files but if you have a project or a game that might benefit having my tracks, let me know and I'll gladly donate some! If you're weird like me, I hope you enjoy.

P.S. if you would like some weird and dark midis for your WADs, I have some my old midis here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/102741-another-midi-collection-for-use/

I will take the risk in bumping this after so long, but, honestly, your music is... f*cking brilliant!
Man, if you can add midis of this to the bandcamp's download, you will be surprised of how your music will appeard in almost every wad that try something different.

Also, i really liked your ''another midi collection''.

You make gold!

I am glad you enjoy my music and you spent the time to find it! It was a passion project to do something different than usual but inspired by Doom 64 and Quake 64. It is definitely not for everyone, so I appreciate anyone who happens to enjoy it.

4 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Man, if you can add midis of this to the bandcamp's download, you will be surprised of how your music will appeard in almost every wad that try something different.

Do you mean like compose midis in the way I have made ambient music? If so, I have wondered about doing that. I remember Doom 64 for Doom 2 tried doing it but the results were mixed. I think a lot of care has to be done in varying the volume, pan, pitch, and modulation parameters. Once I wrangle up some free time I may try to attempt this. :)

8 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

I am glad you enjoy my music and you spent the time to find it! It was a passion project to do something different than usual but inspired by Doom 64 and Quake 64. It is definitely not for everyone, so I appreciate anyone who happens to enjoy it.

Do you mean like compose midis in the way I have made ambient music? If so, I have wondered about doing that. I remember Doom 64 for Doom 2 tried doing it but the results were mixed. I think a lot of care has to be done in varying the volume, pan, pitch, and modulation parameters. Once I wrangle up some free time I may try to attempt this. :)

You really can do it, Immorpher!
check out this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/talosian

The authors of this wad (and music) tried for a very different approach, more atmospheric, with subtle hints of forebonding.

And they do it in 1997! So don't spect it to be nothing near of what you marvelously made in ''Gestation''

If you could make something in the same vein, you could aim even higher.

As a musician myself, i really know how hard is to wrap your ideas around and make a song. But i listened to every midi you posted in the another midi collection and much of the music in bandcamp, and you really have what is needed for making ambience, sinister, forebonding, and insanely weird music.

Don't give up! 

This right here is my shit.

Doom 64 and Silent Hill1 are among my top video game OSTs.

Love me some dark ambient.

I would love to use some of those old MIDIs. atmospheric horror focused maps are my favorite

2 hours ago, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

This right here is my shit.

Doom 64 and Silent Hill1 are among my top video game OSTs.

Love me some dark ambient.

I would love to use some of those old MIDIs. atmospheric horror focused maps are my favorite

Glad I am finding more people who enjoy this kind of music :) . I have a project going on to improve some of those old midis for Doom usage (volume and looping). I got through part of them but still a lot to go!