Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hibg_gojira

Stackable or expandable Backpack

Okay so, I technically made an account just to ask this, I've been looking throughout zdoom's Forum without finding what I'm looking for.

I was playing Russian Overkill and found out this thing "infinite Doubler Backpack" and became curious about how is it possible to expand -or stack- backpacks. How can this be done? I tried with  the SetAmmoCapacity example in Zdoom's webpage (https://zdoom.org/wiki/SetAmmoCapacity) but that didn't work, either my logic sucks or my basic programming skills are toooooo basic, can someone at least explain how can that be achieved?

20 minutes ago, hibg_gojira said:

Okay so, I technically made an account just to ask this, I've been looking throughout zdoom's Forum without finding what I'm looking for.

I was playing Russian Overkill and found out this thing "infinite Doubler Backpack" and became curious about how is it possible to expand -or stack- backpacks. How can this be done? I tried with  the SetAmmoCapacity example in Zdoom's webpage (https://zdoom.org/wiki/SetAmmoCapacity) but that didn't work, either my logic sucks or my basic programming skills are toooooo basic, can someone at least explain how can that be achieved?

With GetAmmoCapacity as well as SetAmmoCapacity.

36 minutes ago, R4L said:

With GetAmmoCapacity as well as SetAmmoCapacity.

But like, how? Should I use it as an ACS script inside a map wad, or DECORATE or how? I tried exactly the same as it explains in the link but it didn't work 

In a somewhat similar situation, I've chosen to upgrade the pickups themselves. The basic item gives itself a specific TID and conveys the baseline upgrade. On pickup, it kick off a script that checks / tallies current situation and upgrades all similar items on the map by replacing them with the next tier of that pickup (after unsetting the 'special flag' first).

4 hours ago, hibg_gojira said:

But like, how? Should I use it as an ACS script inside a map wad, or DECORATE or how? I tried exactly the same as it explains in the link but it didn't work 

Both.  Use DECORATE to create the pick-up item, and have that item call an ACS script that uses GetAmmoCapacity to learn the current ammo capacity, and then uses that information to set the ammo capacity a little bit higher with SetAmmoCapacity.