Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Afterlife: new doom2 map out of nowhere

Recommended Posts

As far as i got into it...
it is really cool! Nice work there bud

Share this post


Link to post

Golly G, you've been churning these maps out with this aesthetic of yours for a while. Neat, another monti map!

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Glaice said:

Golly G, you've been churning these maps out with this aesthetic of yours for a while. Neat, another monti map!

Did you find it balanced overall? Any unfair encounter /too easy?

Share this post


Link to post

No, I didn't play it. I'm just pleased you are still making maps.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Glaice said:

No, I didn't play it. I'm just pleased you are still making maps.

Yup, since I don't have time for ambitious projects or megawads right now I think releasing single maps occasionaly is my way to stay. I think I'll release maps till I die ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings, here's a demo: afterlife_fda_rbk.lmp.zip

 

lots of traits here that I've come to enjoy in your maps. e.g. unconventionally attractive shapeliness of the geometry, and a playfulness with respect to how doom treads the line between representational and abstract (stop me if I'm reading into this too much :p). Rockin' music choice. I like the sudden difficulty spikes. Also the build up to entering the last fight is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, Ribbiks said:

Greetings, here's a demo: afterlife_fda_rbk.lmp.zip

 

lots of traits here that I've come to enjoy in your maps. e.g. unconventionally attractive shapeliness of the geometry, and a playfulness with respect to how doom treads the line between representational and abstract (stop me if I'm reading into this too much :p). Rockin' music choice. I like the sudden difficulty spikes. Also the build up to entering the last fight is great.

Thanks man, I've finally seen your demo, you played it as I wanted the map to be played, you were close to death sometimes but managed to survive, my favourite part is the red key area, that was very close. I'll release this as a solo map and maybe I'll continue with my evolved.wad map 2 which is at 30% since last year.

On what you've said about representational and abstract I enjoy making some recognisable objects used in a non functional manner and location, not far from the original iwad concept, you recognize computer desks, pannels, lockers and other structures but the arrangement of the layout is very abstract.

Edited by nicolas monti

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×