Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyVader1138

Intentional Hall of Mirrors

Ah, the Hall of Mirrors effect. That strange visual artifact. The vast majority of the time, if it is present, it's a mistake. But I was wondering, how many WADs have intentional HOM in them. I know that some use it to create the illusion of "deep water" (I know that at least The Plutonia Experiment uses this technique), but what are other examples.

NOTE: Yes, I know of Wow's infamous "illusion pit". You think I don't know this site's Top 10 Most Infamous WADs list?

I read the title as "International Hall of Mirrors", and now I'm disappointed.

Has anyone used the HOM effect on purpose to make an actual "hall of mirrors" like at fairs/carnivals?

Seen it a few times in Maximum Doom, usually in the 'bathrooms' of 'house' levels.  Most recently saw it in map 2 of REOLWOLF.WAD, where there are four 'prison cells' with this effect in it.  

1 hour ago, Maximum Matt said:

Seen it a few times in Maximum Doom, usually in the 'bathrooms' of 'house' levels.  Most recently saw it in map 2 of REOLWOLF.WAD, where there are four 'prison cells' with this effect in it.  

I was thinking exactly about that. REoLWOLF.wad was the first pwad I ever played, loved the puzzles and it got me into map designing. Some of my maps in twzone.wad were inspired by it.

Screenshot_Doom_20190407_161623.png