Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shon_RT

Is there a way to show the end screen on the last level of each episode in Doom 1?

I was watching Zero Master's run through Knee Deep in the Dead and noticed that it showed the end screen with the percentages and time after the last level; however, while I also use Crispy Doom like he does, it won't show the end screen.

It seems he actually uses Crispy Doom just for recording the demo. As for the playback itself, he uses PrBoom-Plus, due to its higher resolution and whatnot. PrBoom-Plus does show the tally screen after completing any ExM8 level. I am afraid Crispy Doom lacks of this feature (I cannot run the latest build to check it, anyway). At any rate, there is another fork of Chocolate Doom with higher resolution and raised limits which does show the tally screen after completing any ExM8 level: CnDoom.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOuHA_g0yo

Runner: Zero-Master
Date: 2017-11-20
IWAD: TNT.wad
Category: UV-Speed
Map: Movie 1-30
Source Port: Crispy Doom v4.3
Time: 38:58

Q: Are you using any tools etc?
No tools are used, the demo\recording is done in a sourceport which accurately reproduces doom as it was played originally. The video is made by playing the demo in prboom-plus sourceport as it has a lot of features like uncapped framerate and higher resolution.

Right, it depends on which source port you choose to play back the demo. It doesn't matter which one you chose to record it.

Crispy Doom doesn't show a tally screen after ExM8, because... nobody asked for it, yet, I guess. ;-)