Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, π™³πšŠπš›πš”πš—πšŽπšœπšœ said:

Aquarius199

No. No please, not again. Don't wake terrychlorians again. Don't do tying we all will regret.

Even for the first wad you should do your best. Do something extraordinary (but not Terry wads, please)

There is a thread sticked that explains how to post a map, so instead of being an attention whore, go read that and then post whatever you want.

2 minutes ago, Gothic said:

There is a thread sticked that explains how to post a map, so instead of being an attention whore, go read that and then post whatever you want.

This guy literally has twoΒ posts, both of which are benign and inoffensive.Β Have I walked through the looking glass or isΒ there something I'm missing here?

Because toxic behavior reigns behind the veil of the computer screen. They would rather shut down a noob than offer any real help and watch them flourish, I'm afraid.

Following rules and noone call you a whore. It's easy. And stop bitchin' about "toxic behavior". It's an internet, not your safespace.

13 hours ago, π™³πšŠπš›πš”πš—πšŽπšœπšœ said:

Hey guys...um....some guy named Aquarius199 inspired me to come here and share my wads than im going to do...since this is my first wad...it would look bland , small and boring...but im still learning....

Β 

I suggest you read the link that Đeⓧiaz posted: it will explain a great deal about what to include when posting a new map and will help people to actually play it, particularly if you are new or relatively unknown. It's also helpful to show people that you have something to present and aren't just stating your desire to share a map. So, when you're ready to post a map (even if it's "bland, small, and boring"), then you'll get a better response.

Β 

42 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Ahem.

Β 

This thread is violating posting rules.

Β 

It's not our problem that noob can't read THE RULES. Of course it's easier to claim us as toxic members instead of following rules.

Β 

The "posting rules" are not rules that have been set up by the mods and admins, of the "violate these rules and your post will be deleted" variety. Rather, the rules (in that post)Β were developed by the community to better inform members as to the details of a posted map (or maps), so members would have a better idea of what to expect.

Β 

Usually, very early on in a thread like this (usually within the first couple of responses), someone posts that link.

Β 

By the way, I agree with Indecom4000 and Mark--there's no need to call Darkness an attention whore or other derogatory things. Yes, this is the internet and not a "safe space," but that doesn't mean users should be uncivil to each other just because they can hide behind a cloak of anonymity. Yes, the OP could have been framed his statements better. Yes, he was inspired by Aquarius199.Β Yes, Aquarius199 plays A LOT of terry wads. None of those mean that Darkness either makes terry wads or that he intends to post obnoxious garbage here. Besides, as of this moment, there hasn't actually been a map posted--so let's just take a breath and wait to see.

Is this an announcement about OP starting his first wad or did he forget to put the link? I'm confused.

Β 

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by UNERXAi : .

When i saw title "My first wad", i thought here will be a wad. But all you did - just said that you will make "bland, small and boring" wads. Well, bye.

1 minute ago, π™³πšŠπš›πš”πš—πšŽπšœπšœ said:

Hey it's my first wad , what do you wanted????

Β 

Β 

In a more meaningful way:

Β 

If your wads are aiming to be "bland, small and boring" then why make them in the first place? Your first few wads will most likely be just that, but you should strive to make better wads you know? Learn by example.

Β 

Pardon my "french" but wow, most of you seem to be realΒ fucking rude, especially to someone who is new to the forums.Β This is the sort of attitude thatΒ makes me NOT want to start mapping.Β Calling people "noobs" and telling them to notΒ post their map...If it turns out to be a terry wad, then they'll more then likely hear about itΒ but it could very well be a serious map.Β 

Β 

This also has nothing to do with the internet being someones "safeplace". That has nothing to do with this. Everyone knows what the internet is. You still don't have to be a prick. But if you are you'll probably be treated like a prick right back.Β 

Β 

I agree that the OP should of looked around the forums a little more first and tried to find the "New to posting maps?"Β thread that is stickied but some people are just totally new to forums and/or may have trouble finding things at first.

Β 

Anyway's to the OP, make whatever map that you want to make and don't let some of these people here dissuade you from sharing it either (unless it is actually against the rules). I see that you have already made another topic with the WAD available for download so that's good. If i have time i'll try it out :)

Β 

(I'm probablyΒ overreacting to this but i don't know why this made me so "triggered". It is what it is i guess.)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β