Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Owch!

OK, so I was playing Quake original tonight, and I had something unusual happen to me. I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but if it has, and it's been reported, forgive me.

So I was is the last level of the first episode, The house of Chithon. Just after electrocuting him, the bridge for the exit extends from each side of the lava. Usually I just jump down from the Q button and then walk backwards into the chute, but this time I jumped too soon. I was caught between the two bridges in the lava, and was squished. When I died, my body fell through the lava, through the floor, and kept falling untill I started passing through the roof and back again. I was looking down at the time, if it matters.

Anyways, just thought i'd bring this up. Anyone else have this "Out of body" experiance?

Insomniac said:
OK, so I was playing Quake original tonight, and I had something unusual happen to me. I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but if it has, and it's been reported, forgive me.

So I was is the last level of the first episode, The house of Chithon. Just after electrocuting him, the bridge for the exit extends from each side of the lava. Usually I just jump down from the Q button and then walk backwards into the chute, but this time I jumped too soon. I was caught between the two bridges in the lava, and was squished. When I died, my body fell through the lava, through the floor, and kept falling untill I started passing through the roof and back again. I was looking down at the time, if it matters.

Anyways, just thought i'd bring this up. Anyone else have this "Out of body" experiance?

heh, that used to happen all the time when I played quake DW online, or when I fucked up a map I was working on.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Ok, I tried gettin' squished the same way as you, but never had the "weeeeee" out-of-body experience.

that is common in many quake engine games. it is a bug. usally if u died like that and it was very close to a floor. i think for a brief period of time during the deth animation( or even better the gibbing) you are not 'cliped' and once it starts it stays.

i have done this in many games, all the quake's, half-life and the unreal games. also i have even done it in a few console games. Once i did it in halo, towards the start of the game. tombraider has a similar bug