Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tor1zo

Good program to edit sprites?

So, i have some gun sprites from Realm667 and i wanna change the color of the arms of the guy holding the gun, now, can someone link me to a good program to edit those sprites and then place them onto DooM??
(pic is the weapon i wanna change)

AngledPistol.png

7 minutes ago, DUBIDKFA said:

So, i have some gun sprites from Realm667 and i wanna change the color of the arms of the guy holding the gun, now, can someone link me to a good program to edit those sprites and then place them onto DooM??
(pic is the weapon i wanna change)

AngledPistol.png

The "Angled Pistol"!

37 minutes ago, Byeblathingal1024 said:

The "Angled Pistol"!

yiss my dude, looks awesome.

Just now, Byeblathingal1024 said:

That's funny because I use that same pistol in my elevator video, I am also a fan of that pistol for it's 'shoot shit dead' abilities

Nice elevator! (tell me how you did it!!!)

9 minutes ago, DUBIDKFA said:

Nice elevator! (tell me how you did it!!!)

it's quite easy actually (easier than you'd think) first you have to be in Hexen format or in UDMF format (UDMF format is without a doubt; the best format) then I made a 3D floor transfer dummy sector (you familiar with 3D floors?) so the floor is floating half way between the very bottom floor & the top because it has to be exactly in the middle to work properly.  I then put 2 trigger lines on the ground (floor waggle & ceiling waggle) & the player walks over them to set it in eternal motion.  No scripting involved whatsoever, easiest way possible to make that kind of elevator.

bandicam 2019-04-08 16-30-18-229.jpg

bandicam 2019-04-08 16-30-45-431.jpg

bandicam 2019-04-08 16-31-04-571.jpg

those green lines are all the trigger lines, if you don't put them close as they can get to each other; then eventually it will get out of whack.  Is this how everyone else does it? I know I have seen people use a script by that's a lot more work than it has to be so I prefer doing it this way.  I could let you know when I finish the map if you would be interested in seeing how I did that & other uncommon things I pulled off.

The problem with having so many trigger lines so close together is that it is possible to walk across them while activating only some of them, making that method unreliable.  You can do without them with an OPEN script, something like this:

script "SetUpLift" OPEN
{
	Floor_Waggle(fill in this part);
	Ceiling_Waggle(fill in this part);
}

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Floor_Waggle

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Ceiling_Waggle

As an OPEN script, it will automatically run when the map opens.