• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Greatest game hero!

Worst game hero - Military guy from Descent. Anybody would hate him

Best - The guy from heretic or castlevania

Runner up: Sonic the hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog. Clearly. He's blue, he's as fast as sound, he has a cool pair of sneakers and will go Super Sonic!

Next is Mario. Clearly. He's Italian, he's a plumber, he eats mushrooms, he spits fireballs, he can jump really super high, he's got a red hat and he can climb into a giant boot and flatten things!

Major Grit said:
Thanx because I was not sure if I should buy it or not.

I happen to like it almost as much as doom (single player, I wouldn't touch online counter-strike with a fifty foot poll)

maybe instead of going be what people say here you could grad the demo (or the half-life uplink as it's called) form here, play it, and make up your own mind?

dsm said (on Gorden Freeman):
That's what makes him ridiculous imo.

* set geek mode "1"

Not so! The resion Mr. Freeman did so well was

A) The hazard suit (Makes him stronger, faster ect.

B)his fitness (To quote the announcer from the train "more lives then your own my depend on your fitness")Because Gordon works in the field (he was the one to push the yellow thingy into the beam thing... er yeah) he would be required to be in top physical form)

C) Black mesa is a military research facility, and as such, he would of had access to some weapons training (the hazard coarse for example)

D)Deep down, all nerds are badasses. :)

* set geek mode "0"

Ct_red_pants said:

* set geek mode "1"

Not so! The resion Mr. Freeman did so well was

A) The hazard suit (Makes him stronger, faster ect.

B)his fitness (To quote the announcer from the train "more lives then your own my depend on your fitness")Because Gordon works in the field (he was the one to push the yellow thingy into the beam thing... er yeah) he would be required to be in top physical form)

C) Black mesa is a military research facility, and as such, he would of had access to some weapons training (the hazard coarse for example)

D)Deep down, all nerds are badasses. :)

* set geek mode "0"

You've forgotten to take the most important thing into consideration: His lack of combat training. He may be strong, equipped with a hazard suit and been in arms research, but that doesn't provide crucial survival skills.
A bunch of marines could easily take out a crack shot if the guy has no training in surviving battles.

The hazard course that Gordon went through is barely scraping the surface of what a soldier has to learn in order to survive in the field.

dsm said:

You've forgotten to take the most important thing into consideration: His lack of combat training. He may be strong, equipped with a hazard suit and been in arms research, but that doesn't provide crucial survival skills.
A bunch of marines could easily take out a crack shot if the guy has no training in surviving battles.

The hazard course that Gordon went through is barely scraping the surface of what a soldier has to learn in order to survive in the field.

Well, G-man did hire him because he managed to adapt and survive agents all odds didn't he?

And besides, Its just as unlikely that a lone marine will manage to single handily fend off the forces of hell, or for that matter, escape from hell itself?

Maybe we should just say that they're both games, and just how they managed to pull of these amazing stunts is because they have the ability to save and load at any time? :)

Ct_red_pants said:

Well, G-man did hire him because he managed to adapt and survive agents all odds didn't he?

And besides, Its just as unlikely that a lone marine will manage to single handily fend off the forces of hell, or for that matter, escape from hell itself?

Maybe we should just say that they're both games, and just how they managed to pull of these amazing stunts is because they have the ability to save and load at any time? :)

True, a lone hero surviving against a large number of enemies is unlikely, but there are several different levels of believability in a story - and the better story is the one that closer approximates reality.
I just think that a battle hardened marine, who's used to try his hardest to survive, while killing as many as his/her enemies as possible, makes a lot more sense as a hero in a shooter than a scientist who's used to make up theories, make advanced calcultions and perform tests on substances.

But these are just my opinions.

The Hero from the ATARI game H.E.R.O (helicopter something rescue operation).

Hmmm, that's a tough question but I guess my top 3 (in no particular order) would probably be:

B.J. Blascowitz (Wolfenstein 3D)
Lo Wang (Shadow Warrior)
[Nameless] (Tapan Kaikki)

duke nukem... :)
or gordon freeman... I love half-life (and doom of couse)

Heros (not in order) :

Duke Nukem/Lameduke
Doom
Caleb
Lo Wang
Gordon Freeman
Don from Don's Challenge, a kickass Doom mod
The guy in Strife
The Heretic guy
The fighter, mage and cleric from Hexen
Danny Evanger (from Hacx)
Ranger
Bitterman (that's the name of the guy in Quake II)

Villians (not in order) :

King Koopa (Bowser)
Wario
Smithy
Morphix (Duke Nukem Manhattan Project)
Zilla (Shadow Warrior)
Mortis (from Don's Challenge)
Dr. Willy
Sigma

D2 Druid- forces of nature, were-forms. ability to summon dangerous critters. upgradability. nuff said.

ravage said:

D2 Druid- forces of nature, were-forms. ability to summon dangerous critters. upgradability. nuff said.

My druid is lame. I think the Amazon is better.

Meh.

Samus Aran could give the Doomguy a severe beating. Along with just about any other game character.

Cloud Strife and Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy VII. Cloud can swing that big sword like nobody's business and Cid is just one bad S.O.B. Favorite Villian? Why Bowser of course!
Favorite game love interest: Aeris from FFVII. I near-bout cryed when Seph killed her :(

Probably Caleb from Blood. Lots of cool lines and he kills mimes.
Otherwise the Tank from Battlezone, or the Red Square Monkey of course.

Favourite baddie? Dunno, maybe the Iron Lich or the dragon at the end of Rastan, or else the jellyfish in Aqua Attack. The Tentacle in the Blast Pit in Half-Life was memorable, but mainly due to the setting.

BTW, I don't think Half-Life is any more linear than Doom. Individual battles can be non-linear, even if the eventual way out is predetermined (just like in good Doom maps).

Zero from megaman X series,following X himself.
Simon Belmont from castlevania series,following Alucard.

and, we are all doom space marine.i don't know can we put ourselves as heroes ; )

hero: probly squall just coze he has that gun blade(i could really use one of those)
Enemy: Kuja(ff9) hes the only real serious villian that looks like a cross dresser..(laugh) other then that sephiroth.

Good guy : Flynt Taggart A.K.A doom guy
Bad Guy : Sephiroth
Another good guy: Harry Mason Silent Hill
Another Bad Guy : Kefka!

I think the original (as in, not including Trevor or Nadia) Metal Slug Team is cool. Mega Man kicks ass as well.

What about vehicles?
For vehicles, I'd say SV-01 Metal Slug! After that would be the Slug Jet.

dsm said:

which is why HL players suck.