Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deleted User

Freedoom Skulltag Stuff

Just make sprites of weapons, pickups and monsters and hope it gets added to real skulltag. Or something

Weapon Names

Minigun - { Unnamed }

Grenade Launcher -  Explosive Launcher

Railgun - Lazer Charged Cannon

BFG10k - { Unnamed }

Monster Names

Dark Imp - Shadow Serpent

Blood Demon - Bloodworm

Cacolantern - Embrobite 

Abaddon - Krewabite

Hectebus - War Slug

Super Shotgun Guy - Double-barreled Shotgun Zombie

Belphegor - { Unnamed }

Edited by D4RKP1G

It will never get added to Skulltag, because if you don't know, it was discontinued 7 years ago. I'm making a sort of continuation/remake/emulation of it but that's pretty much it. All that gets added "officially" to Skulltag content is just bugfixes, and even that stopped.

What's the point of this? The Skulltag weapons and pickups look perfectly fitting in Freedoom (well, as much as they did in Doom at least)

1 hour ago, -TDRR- said:

It will never get added to Skulltag, because if you don't know, it was discontinued 7 years ago. I'm making a sort of continuation/remake/emulation of it but that's pretty much it. All that gets added "officially" to Skulltag content is just bugfixes, and even that stopped.

What's the point of this? The Skulltag weapons and pickups look perfectly fitting in Freedoom (well, as much as they did in Doom at least)

1. i dont really care tbh, im just having fun making sprites and other stuff, but i think i said that wrong cause I really meant that ill make sprites for skulltag freedoom version or something like that 
  2. they look more doom-like than freedoom-like

Oh, ok, if you make sprites i suppose i could make them an addon for real Skulltag as well as Skulltag Emulation. I'm no spriter so i can't help.

well, I've made a minigun sprite 

image.png

I made it green because when i thought of a minigun for freedoom i thought of a plasmatic minigun and green looked good on it so yeah..

And here comes the railgun!!

image.png

I honestly think that it looks amazing, it's just a combination of the current plasma gun and the old super shotgun, just that i took only one barrel and add a few touches 

Edited by D4RKP1G

2 hours ago, gunfury434 said:

Any Grenade launcher or BFG10k sprites yet?

not for BFG10k

but the old rocket launcher looks decent for the new grenade launcher, I edited it so it looks more cool,

image.png

Edited by D4RKP1G

I always thought the Skulltag grenade launcher looked like the version FreeDoom would use, and if Doom really officially had a Grenade Launcher, it'd look like the one in KDiZD.

I've already made skulltag content for freedoom, first the doomsphere eyes for the Hud face, and recolors for the imp, the worm, the orb creatures, and the pain lords, I've already developed recolors for the combat slug too, including sprites for the minigun, plus using the classic BFG10k

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:45 AM, D4RKP1G said:

blood worm :)

image.png

this looks more like a blood worm 

The blood worm dosent look dark enough too, here's my idea

Edited by RonLivingston

4 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

I've already made skulltag content for freedoom, first the doomsphere eyes for the Hud face, and recolors for the imp, the worm, the orb creatures, and the pain lords, I've already developed recolors for the combat slug too, including sprites for the minigun, plus using the classic BFG10k

i already knew, I even replied whit some ideas, but I wanted to make mine. And also your sprites are from older versions and yeah.

12 hours ago, Wereknight said:

railgul look as bad as it ever may be.

i dont think so, for me it looks nice, poorly made but nice

4 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

The blood worm dosent look dark enough too, here's my idea

i don't like it that dark, rl bloodworms are red, not maroon, or dark red there are even some pink bloodworms, but still nice sprites.

Just chiming in to say I like the idea of having Freedoom versions of all the Skulltag sprites, I hope you keep it up. For the most part these look really good so far.

I like this bloodworm better than the darker one.

If anything I would improve the contrast, but not the shade of red.

The other one had even worse contrast problems, the details got washed out in the recoloring.

Edited by Ferk

On 18 de abril de 2019 at 10:22 PM, Doomkid said:

Just chiming in to say I like the idea of having Freedoom versions of all the Skulltag sprites, I hope you keep it up. For the most part these look really good so far.

Thx @Doomkid i will keep it up, and keep in mind these are currently just edits or frankensprites, so they sometimes can look bad or weird.

On 19 de abril de 2019 at 4:25 AM, Ferk said:

I like this bloodworm better than the darker one.

If anything I would improve the contrast, but not the shade of red.

The other one had even worse contrast problems, the details got washed out in the recoloring.

Ill improve the contrast in later updates

And as promised, my spheres!!

image.png

I really miss the old sprites, but i like the new ones (except the invulnerability sphere, that's just wrong) so, since I couldn't decide whether i like or not, i combined them (except the invulnerability sphere, that one is 100% hand drawn)

Spoiler

Next post will be the skulltag spheres, plus a little surprise :0

Keep all those comments coming, I'll happily answer 

Edited by D4RKP1G

I guess Abaddon could be renamed to Asmodeus or any other demon name.

3 hours ago, rtwix said:

I guess Abaddon could be renamed to Asmodeus or any other demon name.

Yet these aren't demons at  all

5 hours ago, Wereknight said:

Yet these aren't demons at  all

What are they though? I always thought they are meant to be eldritch demonic horrors from a hellish reality called "Horizon".

Calling them demons (ie. supernatural evil creatures) is not far fetched. Freedoom's Flame Bringer powers (and sound effects) seem supernatural and evil. The official plot texts only call them "monsters". The first chapter talks about experiments, but for all we know the AGM could have been just messing up with something that was already supernatural and evil to begin with.

But I agree neither Abaddon or Asmodeus are really appropriate, since both have ties with Christianity which is not really what this is (and christian demons aren't really that horrific either).

Edited by Ferk

1 hour ago, Ferk said:

What are they though?

Spicey alien bastard ruined some rando's ride.

Sound fine to me.

13 hours ago, Ferk said:

But I agree neither Abaddon or Asmodeus are really appropriate, since both have ties with Christianity which is not really what this is (and christian demons aren't really that horrific either).

Fair enough. If I'm not mistaken, Freedoom's story unlike the original Doom replaces Demons with Aliens, right?. In that case those could be changed to something more alien-ish that (obviously) isn't copyrighted or taken off popular novels, maybe something original if possible.

The problem is that when you hear "alien" you only think of sci-fi futuristic people or genetically advanced races.

In my mind, Freedoom monsters are more like the result of an ancient evil that has been dormant for eons but was awaken in the experiments carried by the AGM, more like mysterious Lovecraftian creatures rather than the stereotypical aliens from outer space whose only real alien thing in them is their biology/technology, like in for example Duke Nukem.

So imho, the name should not have anything on it that makes you think of traditional aliens. It should either be a cryptic description (like "The Shadow Lurkers") that keeps the mysticism or some crazy name that's even troublesome to pronounce in human tongue (random stuff like "Zthuggarths") with the intent of it not being something you would pronounce anyway unless it's in some ritualistic chant.

Not that it really matters until someone actually uses those graphics to add them to a WAD. And at that point it would be the WAD author's call.

Edited by Ferk

6 hours ago, Ferk said:

So imho, the name should not have anything on it that makes you think of traditional aliens. It should either be a cryptic description (like "The Shadow Lurkers") that keeps the mysticism or some crazy name that's even troublesome to pronounce in human tongue (random stuff like "Zthuggarths") with the intent of it not being something you would pronounce anyway unless it's in some ritualistic chant.

That's what I was trying to say, I just didn't know how to explain it.

Sorry for being inactive on this thread, here's this as an apology 

image.png

Spoiler

that red part can be also green, you guys decide

image.png