Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

Snowy stuff

I'm making a level with another person right now for Heretic, and was curious if someone could point out some snowy and icy textures for me. The setting is an ice cave, with holes in the ceiling there snow drifts down. I don't need actual drifting snow, just snowy walls and floors. Thanks.

I remember some good textures in dark7, also in the Chibi Rebellion TC. I think those authors would share (maybe they already "borrowed").

Well, I got dark7, but when I downloaded wintex is seems not to be able to find the Doom.exe file. It's in the same folder an I tried various things, but it doesn't work.

JavaGuy said:

Well, I got dark7, but when I downloaded wintex is seems not to be able to find the Doom.exe file. It's in the same folder an I tried various things, but it doesn't work.

I don't understand why Wintex would be looking for doom.exe at all. Wintex uses the wad files, doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc. Maybe that's your problem...point Wintex to the appropriate wad file, which I'm pretty sure should be doom2.wad to complement dark7.

Dark 7 is always screwy under Wintex, even when hexen mode is selected. I think it was compiled differently or something, as there are seperate lumps for each script in each map, and even when I move the PP_START and PP_END entries to their proper places, it's still screwy. When viewed under DeePsea's lump manager, it's fine.

Ill compile something for ya, all snow, all the time. Unfortunately, flats aren't my strong point.

I know this thread's a bit old, but I completely forgot about it in the midst of crazy stuff happening at my house. I just want to thank Ravage and all the others who offered to help. The Wad should be under way.

Don't use the stuff out of dark7 when you can get the original resource WAD by NiGHTMARE. It should be in idgames if it's not linked at his site. I don't recall exactly what the WAD is called.