Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

BFG from Rage 2

Posted (edited)

rage2bfg0.png.bf38c8ecac6f83ddf077b8352ae45aa4.pngrage2bfg1.png.27202d2a2c5c491faaf04febd328343f.pngrage2bfg2.png.ca62140bf01b4a400c67052a746b70d9.png

Doesn't not look much like the Doom 2016 BFG does it?  My guess is it has been rebuilt from using scrap found within the Rage2 Universe.  Where the actual BFG cells come from is a mystery.

I wonder if we get some real in universe connection with Doom Eternal and Rage 2.  We have seen Mixom and UAC logos from some of the gameplay stuff.

Edited by Zemini

This is cool, nice cross over. I doubt there will be a formal connection of universes, nor do I want it to. Easter Eggs are totally fine.

I never played the first rage but I'm interested in the second.

It looks like a classic BFG that's all scratched and rusted up. I wonder if RAGE 2 takes place many years after classic DOOM and this comes from some buried armory of old UAC tech.

Definitely the classic BFG. Hell, the selection icon even resembles it, though the shoulder brace (?) appears folded. Looking forward to see if it's got the 40 tracers. 

The BFG was kinda-sorta in Rage 1 as well wasn't it? In the form of BFG Ammo for the top tier APC weapon that makes it fire like a BFG. I think that means the BFG has, in some form or another, been in every single id Software game since Quake 2. In fact the only id games it hasn't been in, from what I remember, is Wolfenstein 3D and Quake 1.

At this point I think it's just a given that it will show up in id Software games.

Quake 2 also had the BFG and it's in a separate universe. Id just like to put references to their other games but that doesn't mean they are connected. Sometimes it's weapons other times it's textures or rooms/areas that evoke the atmosphere of a game from a different universe.

Posted (edited)

Quake 3 as well. It's the biggest id signature at this point.