Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bites!

Spanish-speaking Doomers thread ( Spanish Doom discord group bellow )

No hablo español.

In all seriousness though, I actually took French for like two weeks in middle-school, then switched out to a study hall. In highschool, i took Spanish but i failed it as i would just screw around too much as the class was full of my buddies and the teacher was an ass. It was also right after Gym class, and i remember we had swimming all the time and i was exhausted. Right before Gym class was lunch. Lunch and then Gym class? Talk about a full stomach getting in the way...Damn...Anyway's, one of my Mexican friends (he's actually half-Mexican) who doesn't know a lick of Spanish barely managed to pass somehow with a D or D- while i got an F xD.

I really wish i did know Spanish though as it is a very common second language and i heard that it's not too hard to learn.

Edited by CyberDreams : adding more, update

it's good to see that this is not dying 

(Please the people who speak Spanish join in my discord group)

On 4/17/2019 at 6:06 AM, Doomkid said:

This is slightly off topic, but for some strange reason I wish there were more WADs released by non-English speakers that had text files/WAD names/hud graphics and messages that were completely non-English.

As someone who only speaks English I love the thought of just being like “???” at the name and text file and such and simply having to play to find out what it even is, even better if there are custom items and enemies with non-English names. I have no idea why but sometimes having no clue what is being said increases my enjoyment of certain things. Some of my old games are in Japanese and having no clue what is being said leaves something open to the imagination and it’s very endearing. Anyway, that’s my random ramble of the day!

That's kind of the process of learning a new language through playing.

At least, when I was a kid and I played all sorts of games (from console ones to flash online games), almost every game was on english, as if it was a standard.

And as english is quite easy and pretty intuitive, me and many others learned the english language way more efficiently through playing games than being on english class at school. (Don't get me wrong, they were great, but I personally feel that I learned the basics by myself on games. English classes just expanded my knowledge into more formalisms to get it right.)

Obviously there are times where you were like "What the heck is this?" or not knowing what much of it means. I didn't understand a single thing about Doom texts at the end of the chapters, or any texts in any game at first. But after some time, by repeating and learning, you slowly learn the language.

Also, there's this french website that has kind of a translation of Doom 2 into french, changing all the text (I guess). It's supposed to be "official", but I guess they are refering to it as "officialy the only (at the time, maybe; rather the first) french translation of Doom" instead of "an official french translation of Doom".

And there was one kind of famous mod for Doom called Grezzo or something like that, that had italian text.

But apart from that, everything else I've seen is in english.

To be honest, it's good to know that native english speakers like you care or at least notice these things. Or at least some.

Like, it's always been in english everywhere on the internet, so non (native) english speakers may (or not) struggle to surf on the web.

Whenever I want to look for trustworthy information on Google I write it in english because it's the best way I have to get the most information and the better quality of information.

Why don't you use english like everybody else? No need for a new discord group; you could stay here :-)   !!

I create a discord group for the spanish persons who likes doom 

5 hours ago, DoomGater said:

Why don't you use english like everybody else? No need for a new discord group; you could stay here :-)   !!

It has too much for Spanish speakers Doomers. Meeting more Doomers that speak my native language makes me happy because we are connected by this awesome (and almost life) game called Doom. Despite the different points of view.

It is just the thread that maybe has nothing to do with General Doom sub forum. But only admins and moders have the last word.

No se hablar español. Un momento, si hablo español?! Porque puedo hablar español? No se.

Jokes aside, yes, i do speak spanish, it's my native language. (I'm from Venezuela)

Hola a todos los Doomers que hablan español!

¡Ay, mi cabesa!

En serio, sí, hablo español, pues resulta que soy de Perú.

Es bueno ver a muchos doomeros que hablen español eso me alegra

( It's good to see many doomeros who speak Spanish that makes me happy )

Hablo español un poco.

Fui en España el año pasado.

Yo podría hablar con la gente ahí un poco.

Puedo acompañar al Discord pero no lo sé el español mucho.

Buenos dias!

That's about as much Spanish as I know.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, DuckReconMajor said:

Hablo español un poco.

Fui en España el año pasado.

Yo podría hablar con la gente ahí un poco.

Puedo acompañar al Discord pero no lo sé el español mucho.

it's good to know

On 6/4/2019 at 2:20 AM, MFG38 said:

Buenos dias!

That's about as much Spanish as I know.

Noice ( i think XD._. )

On 4/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, Bites! said:

I make a discord group for make a mini spanish comunity if you want to meet some persons like SoloRetroGames in the server to talk obviously in spanish

You can share maps and mods

Listen to music

Socialize (at the moment there are not many people)

Share sprites

Here is my discord group https://discord.gg/z4dT389

(Admins dont ban me pls)

soy de mexico

On 6/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Revenant64 said:

soy de mexico

Cuando en España hay una chica Mexicana y traduje para ella un poco pero yo era muy malo en eso