Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BB_

Newstuff

i'm dangerously close to finishing my first wad, and im wondering how the hell you get it in the /newstuff directory. Could someone enlighten me please

BB_ said:

i'm dangerously close to finishing my first wad, and im wondering how the hell you get it in the /newstuff directory. Could someone enlighten me please

How about sharing it around a bit so it can be tested and you can get comments, before uploading?

yeah alright then, its not on any web sites so youll have to email me if you want it

altrims@lineone.net

it might be about another week till completion, and its only the first six maps im afraid.

I know the folder i should upload the zip, but how do I do it in practice? Could someone give me specific instructions, please? I too have a nearly finished wad.

You can use any number of ftp programs (I usually use Cute ftp) but Internet explorer can do it for you.

Simply make sure that in internet options (under the advanced tab), you have "Enable folder view for FTP sites" checked. Then go to incoming and drag and drop your file. That worked for me last week.

well i think ive uploaded it to the right place, which wasnt /newstuff. Just hope it makes it into the right folder.

I've released a WAD not so long ago, and I asked the same questions.
Here are the answers I got:

How to get in /newstuff?
Answer:
If you want to be reviewed in /newstuff you have to upload your WAD into the archives.

How to do this?
Answer:

Ultimate DooMer said:

The FAQ (see the links at the top of the page) explains how to do it. (scroll down to the newstuff section)

When you open the ftp client (from the dos prompt) make sure you're connected to the web before you try to connect to the server, or it won't work. It may take a while to get onto the server, as there's only 200 slots.

So:
goto DOS and type:

ftp archives.3dgamers.com
anonymous
(put email here)
cd pub
cd idgames
cd incoming
bin
put (exe or zip file)
put (text file)
quit