Aqua

Pixel art doom style

I tried doing doom style sprites without having to edit an original sprite

I mean, I did this from 0%

And this is my progress

I wanted to know your opinions

It's the first time I try this, so if you find any errors, let me know

D.png.c91831915b6bab0d101a8b9eb5a6a1f5.png

I think it looks great, but like Gez said, it doesn't really look like it belongs in Doom.

Generally speaking, the color ramps in Doom sprites are low in contrast, take a look at the Cacodemon for example.

First of all, I think it looks really great so far, you are very talented when it comes to pixeling. The bigger enemy lacks a bit of some definitiv, which means I don't really know what I am looking at. Where are its eyes, is it the front view, etc. Other than that, very great and keep in mind, that Doom has a different palette. Although that'd be no problem if people use your enemies in a modern source port and map format.

If you keep this up and can make a whole sprite sheet, you'll be a valuable addition to the community. :p

16 hours ago, elend said:

First of all, I think it looks really great so far, you are very talented when it comes to pixeling. The bigger enemy lacks a bit of some definitiv, which means I don't really know what I am looking at. Where are its eyes, is it the front view, etc. Other than that, very great and keep in mind, that Doom has a different palette. Although that'd be no problem if people use your enemies in a modern source port and map format.

If you keep this up and can make a whole sprite sheet, you'll be a valuable addition to the community. :p

Thank you very much I will have it on mind

Your style reminds me of Adrian Carmack. In the past, I've tried to describe this rare special subset of sprite-drawing skills that really pushes sprites to a new level of clarity at low resolution, without much luck. The truth is: I don't know exactly what it is that makes some sprites look hyper-realistic and extraordinarily sharp.  Whatever that skill might be, you are one of the few artists I've seen who can pull it off. Somehow, you get more sharpness and clarity than should be possible with so few pixels. Excellent, impressive work! Do you have other examples of your work?

2 hours ago, kb1 said:

Your style reminds me of Adrian Carmack. In the past, I've tried to describe this rare special subset of sprite-drawing skills that really pushes sprites to a new level of clarity at low resolution, without much luck. The truth is: I don't know exactly what it is that makes some sprites look hyper-realistic and extraordinarily sharp.  Whatever that skill might be, you are one of the few artists I've seen who can pull it off. Somehow, you get more sharpness and clarity than should be possible with so few pixels. Excellent, impressive work! Do you have other examples of your work?

Thank you very much, I have examples of other sprites that I posted in the forums, like this one

Stand-HellBrain.gif