Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Community Chest 64 EX release thread

28 minutes ago, Kore said:

Remember to get Doom64 EX first if you don't have it. Get it here https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

EDIT:

...And some maps are missing, one of mine included. What a blunder.

Like what? I went out of my way to insure every map was downloaded including the few missing ones that people mentioned on the other thread. Are these maps that are hidden somewhere in the thread that aren't mentioned in the OP because OP stopped updating his post?

Fuck it. I am done. I have spent 10x as much time gathering and organizing all the maps as I thought it would take. If somebody wants to hunt down the missing maps (whatever those are) and update the wad then they can do so. Should they choose to do so and upload the updated version I will update the OP. But otherwise my involvement in this project is done. Truth to be told I should never have had to do this in the first place, but the OP of the project abandoned it and left it to die.

EDIT: I will also add that a 1 or 2 maps were not included on purpose because they were broken though I think some of them got fixed and then added.

Ok, right so It's a good effort and I'm happy you went to all this trouble, but one thing I'm gonna do is make a better credits.txt for ya and credit who made what.

Also if you like I can re-make it with the added maps.

EDIT: Would it be possible to find out who named what map as I don't know the order of them now that you've compiled them?

3 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

EDIT: Would it be possible to find out who named what map as I don't know the order of them now that you've compiled them?

That's the problem. I don't know either :/

A lot of the map files have generic names like "map05" and that's completely meaningless since the original map order from the OP from the original thread doesn't apply in this wad. The only way would be to download each individual map from the original thread and then compare them to this "finished" wad. That would also mean having to mine the 30+ pages of the original thread for the supposedly missing maps that aren't mentioned in the OP because the OP stopped being updated months ago. lmao are you starting to see how I was able to miss a couple of them? :0

But if you or someone else has the patience, then sure. Feel free to post an updated version with the few missing maps and an updated credits file if you want to. If you do, then post a download link here and I will then update the OP with the updated version. But if nobody wants to do so, then I'm afraid people will just have to be satisfied with the current posted version.  

Added two maps I know were missing. Switched the placement of two maps (There was a techbase map super late) and got rid of the old map04 (it just didn't belong here, sorry).

D64CP1.zip

yeah that's what I'm doing it's ok I got free time to go through and find all the maps in total, you did a soild job.

Also how do I get Map 14 it's locked behind google drive LOL

9 minutes ago, Kore said:

Added two maps I know were missing. Switched the placement of two maps (There was a techbase map super late) and got rid of the old map04 (it just didn't belong here, sorry).

D64CP1.zip

Yea I felt that way as well but I did not want to remove it in case people got mad at me for removing an author's map. But I agree that it looked.....uh...out of place.

@Bob9001 If you feel like updating this then that's great. Just post here with the updated version once you are done. I will update the OP afterward.

Yep, I see that. But now Kore added two maps so I'll have to download match them to mapinfo. Did you make a list by chance already?

Just now, Bob9001 said:

Yep, I see that. But now Kore added two maps so I'll have to download match them to mapinfo. Did you make a list by chance already?

No list. All the maps I downloaded are just in a big confusing soup :D

1 minute ago, hardcore_gamer said:

No list. All the maps I downloaded are just in a big confusing soup :D

Ah yes I see. No problem, just makes it a lot harder. If I have to I may just recompile it, but I don't want to do that cause it's already compilied just need to match a to b etc.

@Kore which map did you get rid of and which one did you add?

Also at  @Kore I downloaded your updated wad and noticed that you forgot to change the map names in the mapinfo after adding the 2 maps. This will have to be fixed.

For all those currently visiting the thread, we are sorry for this mess. We will try to get this fixed as soon as possible :/

5 minutes ago, Kore said:

Ok, it's done.

D64CP1.zip

Does this contain all the missing maps (for real this time lol) and has the map info been updated to insure the names are correct?

EDIT: Nope, you still forgot to update the mapinfo. "Rivets & Bolts" is currently named fortress of hate which is the name for the map that originally took that slot. I'm assuming that wherever you just put that also has a wrong name. The mapinfo must be updated.

Could someone give me the .wad for map 14 on this.

And @Kore you need to let me know which map got removed so just go to the above topic and tell me the map number and which map number got added to update the credits properly.

10 minutes ago, Kore said:

Now it's actually done. I also forgot to update the levelnum stuff in the mapinfo.

D64CP1.zip

Thanks for your help. I will update the OP. It's a good thing that this did not derail the release for more than a couple of hours.

EDIT: Wait, this isn't finished? @Bob9001 is there something left or should I update the OP with Kore's wad and claim it to be the finished version?

EDIT 2: I think that map was broken which is why it wasn't included. I am waiting one more hour. If nobody can post any more missing maps before that time I am declaring this finished. I'm pretty sure 99% of the working maps are in the wad by now.

It's not finished yet sir, I need to just finish the credits off then I'll post the credit list and you can update it as final but I'm struggle to find the last two maps from the first download and then Kore adding and subtracting is making it harder to keep track of what is what heh.

So Map 14 wasn't included? Ok I'll take it out of the maplist.

5 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

And @Kore you need to let me know which map got removed so just go to the above topic and tell me the map number and which map number got added to update the credits properly.

Don't worry. The guy that made that map still has one map in. So no credit changes. I don't know who did hlzkeep.wad (That I added as map11 here) though.

1 minute ago, Kore said:

Don't worry. The guy that made that map still has one map in. So no credit changes. I don't know who did hlzkeep.wad though.

Yeah that's the last one I got to find out who did that.

So you removed Map 04 aswell? and replaced it with what one of your own maps?

yes.
riderr3 did the MAP11 (in this wad), originally intended as MAP15. The original name is Hazel Keep.
Shame that many didn't get to finish their maps. Velvet's looked pretty good.

Edited by Kore

Ok, here is the updated Credits.txt, if anyone knows who made the map that is in the map08 slot please add it to the credits before you release the final .zip.

CC64 Credits.zip

Map 08 is me. Since I added map11, I moved all slots up one. So you'll have to rename map11 as map12, and so on.

Edited by Kore

3 minutes ago, Kore said:

Map 08 is me. Since I added map11, I moved all slots up one. So you'll have to rename map11 as map12, and so on.

So there's 20 maps now? I don't understand you should of put it in a slot that wasn't taken haha.

I didn't want to mess with the order too much. By the way I updated the credits.

EDIT:

Did riderr3 do map16 (map17 now)? Because he's credited as having done hzlkeep as map16. I added hzlkeep.wad as map11 because it was missing.

Edited by Kore

Ok, I just updated the OP with the new wads and credits posted by @Kore. This should be finished now. Can you confirm that the updated wad in the op is indeed the real final version just to be safe we aren't screwing up?

EDIT: I am 99.9% sure that everything is finished now. I am declaring this finished in the OP. Sorry for the messy early release everyone :( 

But at least you can play it now :)

Edited by hardcore_gamer