Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

Fun Map for Cool People (Boom Speed-map)

Been a little burnt out on mapping. Working on something kind of big, so decided to take a break a make a more simplistic speed-map. Worked on it on and off every few days, total build time is probably about 2 hours.

It's pretty easy. Beginners welcome.

Required IWAD: DOOM2.wad

Tested in: PR-Boom plus

Here: Fun map for cool people.zip

Screenies:

Spoiler

image.png.3329889722a1de2f68441a9df6831f2f.png

image.png.1c97d7a3e83fa85d2e396ed45b241d6a.png

image.png.37301ae9e772278fdb13d50e89290335.png

Well, I didn't know if I was cool, but I played this and enjoyed it, especially the layout.

4 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Well, I didn't know if I was cool, but I played this and enjoyed it, especially the layout.

Oh shit, I was about to post it in your thread. Lol, you wouldn't mind playing it again would you?

Fun ambush at the end -- a bit comical in how much stuff appears in such a little space, and how much more intense it is than what comes before it. "Beginners welcome" seems misleading, but casual max: 

fmfcp_cmax.zip

6 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Fun ambush at the end -- a bit comical in how much stuff appears in such a little space, and how much more intense it is than what comes before it. "Beginners welcome" seems misleading, but casual max: 

fmfcp_cmax.zip

Hey, really appreciate the playthrough. Yeah sorry, I was being kind of cheeky with the description. The insanity in the second half is intentionally hilarious. I was laughing my ass off when making the thing. For some reason I get a real kick out of making evil traps. You handled it like a champ though, I always forget splash damage is infinitely tall, so the way you took out the revenants was completely different than what I did while testing. The map does have a really open layout, so it's really cool seeing how you approach it compared to me. Thanks again!

My impressions:

"Oh hey look! A shotgun!" *causes 10-15 imps to appear along with a revenant and an arch-vile*

11/10 would get boned again.

seriously what's with that spontaneous difficulty spike >_>

33 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

My impressions:

"Oh hey look! A shotgun!" *causes 10-15 imps to appear along with a revenant and an arch-vile*

11/10 would get boned again.

seriously what's with that spontaneous difficulty spike >_>

It's 8 imps and an rev. The archvile is for the cowardly player who tries to run :) if this is your reaction to the first fight I can't imagine what you would think after picking up the blue key, haha. Thanks for playing tho

3 hours ago, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414974577

Playtested this FIFTH on the livestream. A fun little speedmap overall, with some nice Berserk usage.

playing it without infinite height kind of makes it a cake walk since you can walk on the revenants heads, but I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway! Thank you so much for playing.