Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danfun64

The Visual Studio 2019 Dillema

So, starting with Visual Studio 2019, Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user and Microsoft.Cpp.x64.user are no longer generated by default. An alternative is necessary for the "environmental variable macro" bit in the compilation guide.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/531570/setting-environmental-variable-macros-without-micr.html

I'd like a solution that isn't "Download Visual Studio 2017"

The trouble is that the props file is in a location something like this: C:\Users\Max\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild\v4.0\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user.props. I could create a props file and add that to the project, but then you won't be able to enjoy other projects with the same macros already working.

I'll probaly make a temporary solution, at least.

The C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild folder doesn't exist on my setup, let alone the v4.0 subfolder after it. Obviously C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft exists for me, but no MSBuild.

edit: One option is to remove premade Visual Studio project files in favor of putting all the information necessary to build them in the cmake files, and the ability to choose the SDL directories in cmake.

Edited by Danfun64

OK I sorted it out go pull and look at the documentation for building with VS 2019.