Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Doom 64 and Doom 64 EX review

Thanks, this was nicely timed. I'm about to play through Doom 64 EX to see what the fuss is about. Doom 64 never appealed to me, so hopefully I'll be converted.

5 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Are you planning on reviewing the community project at some point?

I don't plan on ignoring it! The screenshots looked pretty cool. I might even play it before Beta 64 since the latter's levels looked massive when I was peeking at it in SLADE3. It's not in my immediate queue, though.

so, this is your site? thank you! i am not commenting there, but i am a long-time reader of it, and just wanted to thank you.

31 minutes ago, ketmar said:

so, this is your site? thank you! i am not commenting there, but i am a long-time reader of it, and just wanted to thank you.

That is correct! You are most welcome. Thank you for reading.

Another review that i have to read! I really like your reviews and i usually tend to agree with them. They also tend to give me a "heads up" (some hints) on some WAD's if i haven't played them yet. I like how you went back to the older reviews and updated them with pictures as well :)

On 4/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, kmxexii said:

I don't plan on ignoring it! The screenshots looked pretty cool. I might even play it before Beta 64 since the latter's levels looked massive when I was peeking at it in SLADE3. It's not in my immediate queue, though.

I remember you saying that you were playing some of it. There is a lot of variety in it given that it is a community project. I have found a few really awesome levels in it.

11 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

I'm gonna have to read your reviews sometime kmxexii, I love this kind of presentation!

Thank you! A few people have asked about video reviews over the years but I don't have the time to try it out. More importantly, writing is what I like to do. At this point I am satisfied with the Doom WADs Tumblr and my Twitter being my only multimedia ventures.

4 minutes ago, CyberDreams said:

Another review that i have to read! I really like your reviews and i usually tend to agree with them. They also tend to give me a "heads up" (some hints) on some WAD's if i haven't played them yet. I like how you went back to the older reviews and updated them with pictures as well :)

Thank you! I want to go back to phasing out those old 320 x 240 shots with Doomguy's arm at the very least.

3 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

I remember you saying that you were playing some of it. There is a lot of variety in it given that it is a community project. I have found a few really awesome levels in it.

I was actually referring to playing the original Doom 64 and not CCHEST64. I'm looking forward to getting around to it, though. Variety is the spice of life. Ideally I'd get a list of all the released Doom 64 user maps and play those, too.

Nice! If you get a list, please share. I am trying all of the custom Doom 64 levels too, not for review purpose though, but I have a bizarre obsession lol.