• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
00_Zombie_00

[SPRITES] Alternative Deaths

3 hours ago, 00_Zombie_00 said:

Thank you ! soon, more deaths!

archo muestra.jpg

That's great! I do have a couple of constructive criticisms I hope you might consider. My descriptions are blunt - sorry about that. Lergely, I like them, but I think they need just a bit more tweaking.

On the sprites above:

Sprite 1: Caco #1: Lower red chunks just disappear, and blue blood "line" just appears - it should begin to pool earlier, and should be a pixel or 2 lower.

Sprite 2: Spider #1: Leg on right falls a bit too slow? Or it needs to slide to the right a bit. It should look like he's losing his balance, because he was standing on that leg.

Sprite 3: Spider #2: Same thing with leg on left - it folds inward a bit unnaturally.

Sprite 4: Knight #1: Arm on the right looks like it's missing something on the right-most edge. Needs some veins or cartilage or something :)

Sprite 5: Knight #2: Green splat is too static - it looks like a green beard, or something. It should looks like it's spilling at different rates, not just falling. And his feet, or something, just appears out of thin air on the sides - need a couple of transitions here.

Sprite 6: Revenant: I think the arms and legs have a thinner dark border than the originals (I could be wrong about that).

Sprite 7: Caco #2: Something about the red flaps being too big.

Sorry, I didn't intend on commenting on every sprite. Doomers are picky about their sprites! I hope you don't mind. Just a little more work could make them excellent.

Edited by kb1

kb1

I appreciate your criticism, soon I will make the corresponding adjustments. Meanwhile, in the download link, the .PSD file of each animation is included, so that easily, each sprite can be modified in photoshop, with the arrangements or alterations that doomers artists wish to develop for their projects.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, 00_Zombie_00 said:

kb1

I appreciate your criticism, soon I will make the corresponding adjustments. Meanwhile, in the download link, the .PSD file of each animation is included, so that easily, each sprite can be modified in photoshop, with the arrangements or alterations that doomers artists wish to develop for their projects.

Any progress? These are so close to being awesome...I'd love to see them with some of those tweaks! I'm not trying to rush you or anything...just curious.

I've noticed Cyberdemon fatality sequences in the archive. Did you forget about those?

On 5/18/2019 at 6:15 PM, Marlamir said:

Good stuff, really like the caco's one.

Yes, they're quite nice.

@00_Zombie_00: Sorry, I didn't mean to be so critical of them. I sure can't do any better! Keep up the good work.