• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Black blocks when shooting monsters

Question

Hello guys, Zolgia from Djinn here, a friend is trying to play my wad with

Brutal Doom RC9 last version + Ultimate Doom Visor

i already tested the wad itself with brutal last version but it never gave me the same problem, removing the visor doesn't change anything. Here is a screen

error1.jpg.3fc5314298772e33117d6f3a08483c95.jpg

I don't really know what it can be and surely not how to fix it... have you got any clue? Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Seems like that's some kind of alpha transparency problem. Perhaps something that's supposed to be rendered with alpha isn't being rendered with alpha.

But I wouldn't know what.

6 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Seems like that's some kind of alpha transparency problem. Perhaps something that's supposed to be rendered with alpha isn't being rendered with alpha.

But I wouldn't know what.

thanks a lot for the answer m8, but wait what the heck is a transparency alpha?? HELP

9 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

thanks a lot for the answer m8, but wait what the heck is a transparency alpha?? HELP

It means that something that should be rendered with transparency (in other words, it had an alpha channel) for some reason isn't being rendered with that. It could be a number of things: maker fucked up and forgot to set it up properly, bad video drivers not rendering it right, mods clashing and making it screw up, etc.

Pretty much extremely difficult to figure out without testing for things one by one.

9 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

It means that something that should be rendered with transparency (in other words, it has an alpha channel) for some reason isn't being rendered with that. It could be a number of things: maker fucked up and forgot to set it up properly, bad video drivers not rendering it right, mods clashing and making it screw up, user settings borking how it displays, etc.

Pretty much extremely difficult to figure out without testing for things one by one.