Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneManArmy

Deathmatch Classic

Have you ever played Half life in Gamespy? (I KNOW Gamespy sucks, but lets not get into that now) there was a mode called deathmatch classic wich was nottin more than the original quake deathmatch levels. I played around for a while, and it was fun, it was true to Quake.

Isn't there somewhere this concept but with doom? IMHO, IDE sucks!

OneManArmy said:

Isn't there somewhere this concept but with doom? IMHO, IDE sucks!

SHUT UP!

It was tried at least once. One effort I saw was called Malice, and it used the Quake1 engine. I don't know how far it got with the general deathmatch crowds.

Anders Johnsen had an IRC quit message that explained part of the problem. While this statement may not be 100% correct, it has bearing upon this problem. "Doom is not about an engine, it is about a feel". To get doom "right" enough, they have to get the clean movement and weapon feel down, most likely including the straferunning speed boost, and altogether that's hard to do. And for us doom2.exe freaks to be happy, it would have to be extremely well done.

--BahdKo

In case you havn't noticed that GSA takes more than twice as much time to be loaded up comparing to simple, clean, well-organized IDE launcher. Everything is not gay about it, except for its icon.