Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jason

Say which of the two songs above you like. Then, post two songs you like.

What a difficult dilemma, I'm on a breakfast trip through the space and weird dimension. Following the Law of Inertia -> The Weirding is longest. -> More is better.

Taking our storms away = Desatormentandonos -> The gardener early dawned.

or

although I do like some weird things and a little touch of madness in my songs, today I'll go for the first one.

And since I fell into a Brazilian Speed/Trash pit in the past few hours, pick one :

(Streets of Blood):

vs "Burning in the flames of Heavy Metal!"

Ruas de Sangue earned a spot in my spotify playlist, as for my songs I present you:

Pink Eye by Buckehead

Phyä Maa by Turmion Kätilöt

Pink Eye is pretty good. It's kinda chill in a weird way.

King Crimson - Dangerous Curves

Molchat Doma - Sudno

had to go and find the first song 'cause the video shows unavailable here and I'm glad I did, 'cause that's def my pick and a new King Crimson favorite! 

vs

(since this has been a very proggy topic of late :D)

I start by picking the Priest and then by playing some (other) Priest back

vs the guitar player's other band (fulminated* by steel):

*google tells me this is an actual word in english, with the meaning "explode violently or flash like lightning" which is similar to the portuguese meaning.

hard choice.. I think I'll go with the first despite some parts that I didn't quite enjoy in the song.

fun fact : years ago I thought it would be funny to have a band called "burning witches" just to start the concert by saying "we hope you enjoy the smell because we are Burning Witches!" and this guys showed up and ruined my chance of doing that "joke".

vs a classic

Burning Witches, as it went on I kinda became more and more impressed with it, at the start I was like "oh so this is just Battle Beast again or someone playing Doro again" but the song was fairly ambitious compared to my expectations for that. 

Huh, now that's an interesting band, so Shadows it is.

Your initial reaction surprised me slightly, however. I've noticed quite a few people seem to dislike Panzer nowadays, and sure it has its problems, specifically, the fact that it gets repetitive very quick and there's blast beats non-stop. But otherwise, I think it's a nice album, if its repetitiveness doesn't put you off. It doesn't in my case, same for songs that tend to be fairly repetitive, such as Burzum's En Ring Til Aa Herske, which is really just 90% the same sequence being played until the end.

In contrast, I think Marduk had albums way worse than Panzer, such as La Grande Danse Macabre. The first few songs are okay but then it goes south hard. The composition on that album is weak as hell.

I keep the first, I understand what they say with my poor english, the second seems a noisy mess

or

On 10/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, seed said:

Your initial reaction surprised me slightly, however.

It was more a pro-Akhlys than a anti-Marduk thing actually, despite not being a Marduk fan the track was actually fine and against something else might even have won.

Now, back to the topic, I'll pick Gen Krupa for that swing feel.

vs

The original one, I can't say the Disney Eurobeat one is an actual improvement.

and now, a choice from my YT recommends and then another live performance from the same time:

vs

I take pinky, they were traveling far into space at the time Brown discovered Fire.

Long compositions. Caution.

or

I liked Benediction, but I liked Drastus more.

(I think I've posted both of this guys before, but I really like them)

vs

(edited to add : if you enjoy the Tod Huetet Uebel track, I recommend the rest of the album, Malicia, it's really cool)

While I do think that the atmospheric beginning of the first one drags a bit too long, the other half of the first one does make up for it! I'm going with Wormlust, it's just a bit more coherent than the second song (at least for me).

My two picks (while somewhat different between each other) do give out a similar vibe to me in a way.

Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine

Pulp - Sunrise

Edited by Ar_e_en : Made it bit more coherent

I can understand the connection and Pulp's song is really cool! It's unfortunately against one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs... 

I'll also post 2 songs that while not really the same have some sort of the same feeling to me

vs

(it's something in the guitar tone, I guess)

Somniate wins.

so, I can't find the one song I wanted to use alone, so it will have to be like this : the first song of this EP (Logos, Werewolf) :

vs